Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My 8 y/o son's first deer!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Spike

Default My 8 y/o son's first deer!!!

Went our Sat. morning with my son, attempting to get his first deer. We sat (he slept on and off) in a ground blind in the middle of some CRP Pines. We got in the blind right about 6:30 and didn't see anything until right around 9:00 am, and then two does came within about 10 yards of the blind and we couldn't get on them, too close for comfort. I was in the middle of helping him back in the chair, when I looked up and this little doe was in the food plot getting her belly full. My son was able to get up and get the gun proped up without spooking her. I looked at the end of the barrel and it was like a leaf in the middle of a tornado, he was breathing hard and was shaking all over.LOL. I reached over and pulled the hammer back on the 30-30, and told him whenever he felt comfortable to go ahead and take the shot. Within a second, the gun went off and the deer dropped in its tracks. It was probably one of the proudest moments ever. First thing he asked "can we hunt next weekend too". Think I have created another hunter for life.
My 8 y/o son's first deer!!!-park-1.jpg

Good luck to everyone hunting and have a safe season.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I think I heard buttons busting and cloth riping on a shirt the sounds of a proud Father and a very stoked son. Congrats on the great job that young man did with a little help from dad.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

Thats awesome congrats on getting your son out there.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

hunting usually sells its self..
congrats on the deer for your son.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 PM
Spike

Congratulations!!! My sons are still to little. They are 5 and 6. They go with me in rifle season (unarmed except for their pocket knife) but not bow. They stay quite but not quite enough. I can wait for them to bag their first deer. Im sure you are one proud papa.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Spike

Thanks for all of the replies fellas. Yea, dad's chest was sticking out just a little. Pretty awesome experience to see that little fellas face right after he pulled the trigger. I'm addicted now. I would rather watch him shoot one than me do the shooting.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats to you and your son!.. gonna take my girl out later this week and see if she can kill her first.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

congrats man, im happy for your son and you
Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome. One of the best experinces is a first Deer harvest. BTW tell him Fantastic shot, from the looks of it he hit her perfectly. I've been hunting since I was 7 and Its still hard to pull off a good shot like that. Congrats!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Spike

That's awesome. I'm looking forward to that day myself. Have a little ways to go though my son is only 7 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.