Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Deer sausage. Sounds good but what to do with it? >

Deer sausage. Sounds good but what to do with it?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer sausage. Sounds good but what to do with it?

Old 11-08-2010, 02:35 AM
Spike

Default Deer sausage. Sounds good but what to do with it?

Hi guys,

I'm going to have a deer processor turn some deer into sausage. Sounds good but have to admit I don't know what to do with it! My experience with sausage is limited to store bought pork items like frying up breakfast pattys or sometimes making a soup with sausage in it.

Can I please get some ideas or recipes for using deer sausage?

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Depends on the type of sausage. If it is a breakfast type then that is what I use it for if it is another type I just use it as spiced burgers on the grill. Great use of deer sausage.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

I ate the last of my last year's smoked sausage last week. Just take a small skillet and put a half inch or so of water in it, then break off however much sausage you are going to cook (frozen) and cook it till done. Very good on the grill when you have a few friends over, we also use it in gumbo. I like to get the processor to put the sausage in links with half in the small diameter casings.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

also you can make cheese dip out of it
Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 AM
Spike

If its made right you can use it the same as pork sausage. I used some last year on pizza, chopped up in scrambled eggs, or just fried and put in a biscuit. pretty tasty
Old 11-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by wasabi
Hi guys,

I'm going to have a deer processor turn some deer into sausage. Sounds good but have to admit I don't know what to do with it! My experience with sausage is limited to store bought pork items like frying up breakfast pattys or sometimes making a soup with sausage in it.

Can I please get some ideas or recipes for using deer sausage?

Thanks!
We make our own deer sausage and use it in chili, we buy the sausage spices already mixed from the meat processor ready to go in 50 lbs of ground deer meat. Here's our chili recipe .... 1lb deer burger, 1lb deer sausage. 3 cans chili beans, 1 can tomatoes, tablespoon chili powder. There you have an awesome meal that will feed a family of 3 for a couple days. You can also put it on pizza.
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Spike

Cripes. Nothing better than some spicy venison sausage and a cup of coffee on a frosty, winter morning.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Besides brats, polish sausage, breakfast sausage, italian sausage, chorizo, german sausage, summer sausage, jalapeno summer sausage...I suppose there isn't much you can do with it.

Why would it be any harder to use than the same items made from pork sausage ?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

fry in a pan with olive oil red/green peppers, onions and garlic, put on a Italian roll. or make a pot of tomato sauce, heat them up in that and put over your favorite pasta
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don't understand the question. What to do with...SAUSAGE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.