Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I screwed up

Old 11-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Michlw39
I've been hunting for 35 years and I learn something new every time out in the woods. And each year I get schooled at least once big time by a deer and learn yet another new lesson!

That's what makes it so rewarding. If it came easy and wasn't a challenge it wouldn't be worth it anymore.

Those that are sharing their stories here, take heart: 1) it's happened to everyone 2) the experience has made you a better hunter.

Never forget those two things.
Well said! Good Luck!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-10-2010, 04:48 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

7.62 Nato I was in Powhatan WMA. I use 3 30 grn pyrodex pellets. In retrospect, I ould drop the pellets down the tube right away and give it a couple seconds before pressign the round in. Lilfawn I have had friends with BP experience tell me about making a noise when trying to reload and causing the deer to bolt. I can tell you that tomorrow I will be out there and if I drop something, I'll be setting a recore for getting reloaded and back on target.