Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

High License Fees?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
Yeah but you have to remember Illinois spends a fortune prosecuting its Governors.
Illinois, Where our Governors make our License Plates
Old 11-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

What positive reasons do they have for the higher fees? Surely there are some in other states or even IL.,a use for the money which benefits the DNR's ability to better the hunting,fishing and land management programs. I'm not ignorant of our states total waste of our money but I know many sportsmen and gals who work very hard with our tax dollars and fees paying their salaries,don't you think? Greed has always been there and ever will but some states are better than others I would think.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

In my opinion the high non resident fee is a good thing,if the prices was low there would be people coming in by the bus loads buying antlerless tags and leaving the state with bucks,I have seen the money go to good use with land being bought and opened to the public as well as land restoration.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
In my opinion the high non resident fee is a good thing,if the prices was low there would be people coming in by the bus loads buying antlerless tags and leaving the state with bucks,I have seen the money go to good use with land being bought and opened to the public as well as land restoration.
They alraedy are coming by busloads. Part of which is likely the avaliability of Illinois tags. Give Illlinois the cash and they will print you one.

Wasnt there an issue a couple years ago about where this money was actually going?? It was about the time Illinois was closing some state parks for lack of funding.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

It's all about money, a guaranteed resource. Any of the states charging big money have the draw of big bucks. Iowa for example sells a very limited supply of non-resident tags for deer and it costs about $525 for all your tags. But every year there is twice as many unsuccesful people as there are ones who draw a tag. I'll bet they could charge $1000 to hunt there big bucks and would still sell out every year. They do it because the know the tags will sell, period. Sucks for the common guy. Kansas is about the same but they give out a lot more tags too. I wish all states would go to recipricole fee's like MO. Would it help? Probably not, but it would send a message
Old 11-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
It's all about money, a guaranteed resource. Any of the states charging big money have the draw of big bucks. Iowa for example sells a very limited supply of non-resident tags for deer and it costs about $525 for all your tags. But every year there is twice as many unsuccesful people as there are ones who draw a tag. I'll bet they could charge $1000 to hunt there big bucks and would still sell out every year. They do it because the know the tags will sell, period. Sucks for the common guy. Kansas is about the same but they give out a lot more tags too. I wish all states would go to recipricole fee's like MO. Would it help? Probably not, but it would send a message
The difference in Illinois and Iowa is atleast Iowa limits non resident tags.. Yeah Iowa has fees but at least they are conserving the herd. Illinois simply wants the cash. The state could care less about the quality of hunting.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
MO stopped doing the reciprocal fee's several years ago, it's a flat $225 for all non-resident's now. Ask me how I know......
Old 11-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by dprsdhunter
The difference in Illinois and Iowa is atleast Iowa limits non resident tags.. Yeah Iowa has fees but at least they are conserving the herd. Illinois simply wants the cash. The state could care less about the quality of hunting.

Yeah thats the bad part about IL.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

SD charges $114 for their non resident small game license. That allows someone to hunt for 2 5 day periods. Thats it. SD has tons of out of staters come to pheasant hunt and it is just another way to make money. I really don't see anything wrong with it. If someone wants to come in and use the states resources, they can pay for it. I pay for my ability to use the resources by buying tags and paying state taxes.