Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Locating Butcher

Old 11-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default Locating Butcher

For those of you who do not butcher your own deer.
I recently moved to the Charlotte NC area. How do you locate a deer processing station? I tried google, but wasn't able to find anywhere close.
Anyone live in/near here to help?
I am also looking to find out how much it would cost.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.superpages.com/yellowpage.../T-Lincolnton/
Here's some. We do it ourselves, so no expierence with 'em.
Good luck!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:38 AM
Spike

You might try to stop in some grocery stores that still cut their own meat and talk to the meatcutters, many of them do it on the side or know of who does and who are the better ones and the bad ones.
Old 11-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by NYBowhunter71
I recently moved to the Charlotte NC area. How do you locate a deer processing station? I tried google, but wasn't able to find anywhere close.
I process Deer with a friend here in Ohio and we hand out our cards at sporting good stores and mostly all the deer check in stations within a 50 mile radius of our shop. You might call some sporting good stores in area or a gun store, something of that nature they usually always have someone in mind.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:30 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting clubs in the area probably have 2 or 3 that they use or know of. They'll tell you which one makes the best sausage or pepperoni, packages it the best, yada, yada, yada. It costs me about 60 bucks, but w/tip, bout 75, but he does a great job with it, and stores it for me till the following weekend. Out of our club of 25 guys in Port Jervis, 17 take it to a butcher. In half the other clubs we go to visit, they do it all themselves and can't understand why we don't do it ourselves. When we're bowhunting, the guy across from my sister-in-laws has his own butchering business so we'll throw it his way. Like said before, grocery stores and gun shops are two easy places to find it. In my case, I'd probably find one at the local saloon.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The Bigger the Metro Area . . .

I find the fewer deer butchers inhabiting the area.

I'd look past new suburbia, and in areas that have some small outdoor sporting goods stores; shooting ranges and archery ranges.
These people could give you the best local information.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by NYBowhunter71
Your right, I googled it myself and they look like they're all 40 to 60 miles out, but that's the same in yonkers. I wouldn't know of anyone close cause I hunt at least 60 miles away, and as soon as you get outside the metro area, say 20 miles, there's an abundance of em. Unless you find a local butcher who does it on the side, it's gonna be a hunt and peck. Good luck, and knock em dead down there.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Spike

Ask a livestock farmer in you hunt area (if there are any) where he takes his animals for processing, they can probably do it depending on local or state restrictions.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Spike

Ask around at the check in station or call the local game warden, they should know someone.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Spike

NYBowhunter71

I live in Charlotte and hunt over in Cabarrus. The guy I used closed up shop after last season. I am planning on going over to stuffy's first and if I am lucky rocky river 2nd. I haven't been able to find anyone in Charlotte.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.