Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SC sucks

Old 11-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

Thumbs down SC sucks

I moved to upstate sc (Greenville area) last year from Tennessee well in game zone 1 the laws suck we have only 3 days in the whole season to kill a for with a gun the first 3 Saturdays that's it only other way is use a bow and I can't getem into range for that plus there's not many deer were I hunt I may see one in every 4 sits on a good week and the lower part of the state has like 14 doe days plus you can get a doe tag to use anytime there but in the upstate you can't use doetags it makes me mad and I've seen only 1 buck and it was on oct 5th and havnt seen another since idk what I'll do for meat. It just sucks I guess when I go to ky next week I'll have to take a doe if I don't get one Saturday I just needed to vent what do y'all think of this and how's the law on does where y'all are? In west Tennessee we could shoot 3 does a day no season limit so I may just be spoild but I'm still mad
Old 11-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I took my first deer in Columbia, SC. Three counties in the central part of the state have the longest rifle season in the country.

I went to college at Clemson, and I know for a fact you can get from Greenville to Columbia in less than an hour and a half. I drive about an hour and 20 minutes each way to my club property where I live now in Virginia; maybe you should consider driving a little ways to a different county.

Also, I was reading a hunting magazine about a year or two ago, and it ranked Clemson as one of the top 5 colleges in the country for hunters based on the availability of public land in the area. I think if you look around you'll find you have plenty of opportunities, although they may not be within 15 minutes of your house.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like you have a great opppertunity here hone your hunting skills which in the long run can only make you a better hunter.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

I'll have to lookinto it I've never hunted public land but may have to try or else join a huntclub. The only reason I didn't join one this year is I got permission to hunt a farm that I literally just cross the street and hunt.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Your not seeing deer but yet you want more doe days? The law is helping to improve the herd, try traveling and maybe some day the hunting at your farm just might improve. There are so many deer here its not funny. We have from Aug. 15th to Jan. 1st if you cant kill some deer in that time frame???? We have a club in Swansea SC, if your struggling next year hit me with a pm and maybe you can check it out.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sportsfann
Your not seeing deer but yet you want more doe days? The law is helping to improve the herd, try traveling and maybe some day the hunting at your farm just might improve. There are so many deer here its not funny. We have from Aug. 15th to Jan. 1st if you cant kill some deer in that time frame???? We have a club in Swansea SC, if your struggling next year hit me with a pm and maybe you can check it out.

The reason I want more doe days is that I need meat badly times are hard right now? I'll have to hit you up next year where's Swansea at is it near Columbia?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

i hunt in chester sc, plenty of deer and plenty of doe days
Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Spike

SC sucks....

You can say that again.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Backwoods7
I'll have to lookinto it I've never hunted public land but may have to try or else join a huntclub. The only reason I didn't join one this year is I got permission to hunt a farm that I literally just cross the street and hunt.
Originally Posted by Backwoods7
The reason I want more doe days is that I need meat badly times are hard right now?
You could buy more meat with hunt club dues than you could garner from your kills.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Spike

Man South Carolina has one of the most liberal hunting seasons in the South. I am from the Greenville/Laurens county line in Game Zone 2. I know its not far of a drive at all for you to drive 25 minutes and kill a deer. I now live in Tennessee and there season is horrible. I could have been hunting with my rifle since October 15 In SC. But in Tennessee, Muzzleloader just opened up November 6!!! There are deer to be had right below your game zone man. Trust me, I've killed em

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.