Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2nd. Doe down

Old 11-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 2nd. Doe down

Well last night was a picture perfect night in every way and a great hunt to boot. The sunset was impressive the cool wind in my face,good scent control. At 6:25 the Doe of my nightmares(she has busted me twice and avoided me a half dozen times)comes out in front of my stand at 20 yards. I thought here we go again she is going to walk up look at me a blow,but she did'nt. She gave me a perfect quartering away shot at 26 yards max. I let the arrow fly it took out her liver and a lung,it blew right through her. The old Matthews FX did her work well and the Grim Reapers have taken their 3rd. deer since last fall,a good broadhead even with a poor shot like last Friday. She went 50 to 60 yards layed down and died. I learned my lesson well after last Fridays long tracking job,I let her lay for an hour because she got out of sight and I did not want to bump her. A nice looking Doe with good size. Now I'm done with Doe's on to Gun season in a week or so with a good break from hunting till then. Good Hunting To Everyone!
Attached Thumbnails 2nd. Doe down-imagejpeg_2_9.jpg   2nd. Doe down-imagejpeg_2_7.jpg   2nd. Doe down-imagejpeg_2_8.jpg  

Last edited by doetrain; 11-04-2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Nice work. Congrats and good luck with gun hunting.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a nice doe ,I just wish i could be out there injoying the hunt as you are i really miss it .Good luck to you during gun season .
Old 11-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Good job 2 in a week that'll be good eatin
Old 11-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

In Pa we are only allowed 2 does and I've alread killed 1 alot of season to go so I'm not in a big hurry......congeats on your success.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

In my county alone I can harvest 8 does if I want to after geting a new license each time. My goal was two does and a buck bigger than my first last year. I'm half way there with gun season coming up the 13th. After 3 1/2 weeks with no success geting these two is a great encouragement. I pray all of you who are still working for that first one do well with this cold weather coming in this weekend. Thanks for all the remarks it does me good to have your alls approval.

Last edited by doetrain; 11-04-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by doetrain
In my county alone I can harvest 8 does if I want to after geting a new license each time. My goal was two does and a buck bigger than my first last year. I'm half way there with gun season coming up the 13th. After 3 1/2 weeks with no success geting these two is a great encouragement. I pray all of you who are still working for that first one do well with this cold weather coming in this weekend. Thanks for all the remarks it does me good to have your alls approval.
Congrats on the doe, i got my first deer on opening day and i got a spike 2 days ago.....in MD in the county i hunt its unlimited does during all seasons plus 2 bucks(have to shoot two does in between the 1st and 2nd buck)