HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   wifes first deer (pic added). (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/333390-wifes-first-deer-pic-added.html)

ruger357w 11-04-2010 01:32 AM

wifes first deer (pic added).

1 Attachment(s)
My wifes been hunting with me for three years now. well yesturday we both sat in a new double tree stand that she help me set up. At about 8:30 in the morning a doe walked out and she shot it with her 44 magnum lever action rifle. she damn near jumped through the roof of our stand with excitment. and what a shot, drops it right where it stood. well we get out of the stand and find out its a nice little spike horn. I would have to say after that she is hooked on hunting for life.

Sorry it took so long to post the pic. i had to resize it and i'm not that good at that stuff.

ADVWannabee 11-04-2010 03:29 AM

That is awesome. My wife is deer hunting with me for the first time this year. She sat in the blind with me a couple times last year and watched me hunt. But this year she has a new TC Encore blackpowder gun of her own. If she likes it and sticks with it, I will get her a rifle barrel for it next year. :)

duckhunter578 11-04-2010 04:26 AM

Way to go.
Tell your wife I said congrats on her frist deer.

arrow2512 11-04-2010 08:35 AM

Congrats to your wife for getting her first deer .I just wish i could get my wife out to hunt with me ,but that will never happen .But she will go fishing with me so thats good lol.

arrow2512 11-04-2010 08:36 AM

I also forgot to tell ya we need pic of your wife with her first deer .

oldshedhunter35 11-04-2010 11:48 AM

That is great.congrats to her on the kill and for sticking with it..

DoctorDeath 11-04-2010 02:53 PM

Well the family that hunts together stays together

dd

bhchunting 11-04-2010 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by ruger357w (Post 3715085)
My wifes been hunting with me for three years now. well yesturday we both sat in a new double tree stand that she help me set up. At about 8:30 in the morning a doe walked out and she shot it with her 44 magnum lever action rifle. she damn near jumped through the roof of our stand with excitment. and what a shot, drops it right where it stood. well we get out of the stand and find out its a nice little spike horn. I would have to say after that she is hooked on hunting for life.

Maybe work on properly identfying her target better, far cry from spike to doe ?????

gregrn43 11-05-2010 01:34 AM

My wife has hunted the past 12 years with me. Last year she took her 21 deer, she cant seem to get enough of it now. I used to have to take her to her stand, now she takes off on her on. She will even gut her deer now, think this year I will teach her how to skin it.

doetrain 11-05-2010 07:34 AM

Congrats to your beloved and to you as well for gently geting her to give it a try.Now you know we must have pics with big smiles and a proud husband. I'm thinking about puting my ML in my wifes hand and I'll use my bow the rest of the year so she can take a wack at one.She shot expert in the ARMY with her AR. Once again great job!