Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Would you hunt a stand again 7 days after shooting a deer from it? >

Would you hunt a stand again 7 days after shooting a deer from it?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you hunt a stand again 7 days after shooting a deer from it?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default Would you hunt a stand again 7 days after shooting a deer from it?

Would you?

I shot the deer with my bow, so there was no loud noise, but I walked around in the area a good bit finding the deer and dragging it out, etc.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Typical Buck

Absolutely. I can scare deer up that are in my yard (40 acres) when I'm running my lab around on an ATV. 30 minutes later I can go back, and the deer have returned. They're pretty used to human activity though. They eat some of the potted plants right next to the back deck.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

I definitely would. & days is a long time between hunts to me. 3 or 4 is plenty.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Spike

Yes I shot a deer one saturday and returned to the same stand the next saturday and shot another with my bow. Of course I shoot with RAGE so I didnt have to track at all so maybe helped keep my scent down a little.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Fork Horn

Heck Ya, Shot a Doe with my Muzzleloader a Saturday Night, Returned Very Next Morning with my Hoyt and shot another Doe.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Cool. I shot a small 6 pointer at 9:30 last Friday, but I had seen a much bigger buck running does around from this stand at 8:30. I am hoping the big one is still running the ladies around that area this Friday.

The funny thing is, it isn't even my stand. I'm in a private club, and club rules say you can use other people's stands. Each person can mark one stand as their primary stand, and they get priority in that stand even if you are sitting in it first, but other than that it is first come first serve. So I was walking in last Friday morning and this guys trail camera flash scared the snot out of me when it went off in the dark as I walked by. He got a picture of me at 6:30 am climbing into his stand, and then another picture around 11:00 dragging a deer out right by his camera. As I walked by the camera dragging the deer I was sure to look right at the camera and grin wide for the picture.

If I get the big one this week, I'll probably try to avoid the camera just so I don't make him really annoyed.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most definuitely. It is not that big a deal whwer I hunt. For example two weeks ago, while hunting 50 yards in the woods , near a food plot, I stuck a fat doe. She ran past me and through the 50 yard wide foot plot and out the other side and maybe 10 more yards and piled up. I walked through the food plot, dragged her to the edge of the food plot and within 15 feet of a lock-on I had set up on the plot ... I climbed up in the lock-on to sit out the remaining hour of day light. About 20-30 minutes later there were 8 deer feeding in the field. All within 20-30 yards of the dead doe ... including a couple of decent bucks. About 10 minutes before day's end I stuck a second doe (legal in Alabama). She never made it out of the plot. Two days later I was in the exact same lock-on and the field filled up again.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

Sure! You can hunt it within hours of taking a deer there!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot deer and hogs in a spot and hunted the next morning and gotten a deer or a hog in the exact area. Seems to me that they dont know.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

It isn't a question heck yes! We shot a buck at our favorite stand last Saturday morning. They went in gutted the deer and even did a little bit of trimming. That same night someone went to the stand and had a little buck walk right over the blood trail and didn't even notice it.

Now I wouldn't usually recommend going to the same stand the same day a week is plenty of time for the deer to no longer be affected by it. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.