Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Easiest wasy to load a deer on a 4wheeler by yourself? >

Easiest wasy to load a deer on a 4wheeler by yourself?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Easiest wasy to load a deer on a 4wheeler by yourself?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

If you park your 4-wheeler in the right spot they will run to it and load themselfs!

I always hold onto the horns and drag it to one side, walk all the way up on the 4 wheeler rack then lift it onto it. Use your legs though not your back.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

I carry a small (4x 6 or so) tarp, that I wrap around the deer after tying the front legs behind the head. Then I tie the legs/head up to the back rack and pull it out. The tarp keeps the deer relatively clean, and it hangs up less than if it was on the rack. (and I dont drop a nut trying to get it up on the rack!).
Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Spike

I use my ATV wrench and snatch block chained to a tree. Wrench up deer and lower onto front rack and bungee to rack.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Spike

Pro line is right. Why do you need to load the thing? We drag all of ours out by lifting the head up close to the rear rack and just travel slowly. No sense in getting injured trying to lift the thing.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

what about dragging one down a black top road.....that is why I load mine.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default winch

I usualy can muscle the deer up far enough to get the head of it on or near the rack .
Once there I climb on or lean across theatv from the opposite side and pull it on .
A few years ago I shoe a 9 pointer that was 216 plus gutted .
No matter how I tried I could not get him on the 4 wheeler .
Luckley I have a winch on my 4 wheeler . I pulled the winch out by hand found a tree with a heavy branch abought 7 feet off the ground .
I threw the cable over the winch , put a rope around the antlers turned on the winch and got it abought 1/2 off the ground .
I them tied off a rope to the antlers on the tree . took the winch off them swung the deer by the back legs on the rack .
No where near a hard as it sounds...
Old 11-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

http://www.hookarack.com/

I haven't used one of these but I have heard pretty good things about them.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Back your truck up to an high point like a hill or ditch. Works great!!
works with a fourwheeler and a deer just as well haha. I try to do this, I find it works great.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like mentioned I usually just drag them guts in back to the truck or near camp this keeps them clean. With deer their antkler tied to the rack aren't an issue but with moose or elk I pull from the hitch or ball off of the animals neck then just secure the antlers to the rack to ensure smooth dragging. This way I don't pop my front tires off the ground or worse flip over when going up inclines.

I load deer solo by using what is like a ladder. Basically 2 - 2x4's with 1x2's rungs screwed on every foot or so. Roll the deer onto it, then rope or strap the deer to the rung side of the ladder, so the bottom remains flat or smooth. Pick up the one end set it on tailgate, trailer, etc and pick up the other end just slide the ladder onto or into whatever. Depending on your rack system you may need to modify it by u bolting on a piece or plywood or something to create a solid surface in which to slide the ladder.

The other way is winch/hoist tie off, move under and release. Just be careful loading it on a truck with the extra weight if placed on the back rack.

FYI for anybody who it may appeal too. If you have a trailer and truck an easy way to load animals is by driving the atv on the truck backwards, securing it to the truck with tie downs then hook up your trailer, using the winch and ramps winch the animal on the to trailer and gone. Works great for elk and moose, really almost seems too easy.

Good luck
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Spike

I ride my four wheeler back to the club house . And tell all my buddies how big this ten pointer i just downed is. And get them to come help me load it on the rack or I will cook all weekend long . P.S my cooking sucks pretty bad. The last one I did't even have to gut. Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.