Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks are trailing does in NC

Old 11-01-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bucks are trailing does in NC

Just in case anyone from central North Carolina [Piedmont] hasn't been out yet just wanted to let ya know the bucks are trailing the does pretty good. Had I'd guess 3 1/2 year old big 7 pointer harrasing 3 does 35 yards out. Couldn't get him closer grunting, bleating nothing would get him to stop. I could of jumped out the tree and boogey boogey booed him and he'd probably of paid me no mind.
Good luck
Old 11-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here in Indiana,my nephew was out this weekend and saw the same thing that I saw Friday morning. My buck at least helped me get my first doe in range and she is now in the freezer. It is ramping up here and with cooler temps I think it will be awesome this weekend.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:08 AM
Spike

Things are starting to warm up here in Southern Va also. Noticed a nice buck on the side of Hwy 360 about 10 ft behind a doe not paying any attention to the traffic..
Old 11-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Spike

ohio is starting seen alot of bucks chasing in corn field in three diff counties last night
Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 AM
Spike

in VA the rut is just starting like you guys, i think it will be in full swing by this weekend