Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Anybody have to look away as their deer dies? >

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anybody have to look away as their deer dies?

Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Spike

I was thinking about this very question.. For me if i'm man enough to take its life then i should be man enough to watch it...

You have feel a full sense of appreciation to God when u put it on your plate.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Spike

I say you should take out your knife and slit its throat it will die almost instantly and wont waist any meat
Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 30-30 Savage
I say you should take out your knife and slit its throat it will die almost instantly and wont waist any meat

From my Experience this is not a good way to do it either.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 30-30 Savage
yeah, i tried that once..doesnt work out like that.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
yeah, i tried that once..doesnt work out like that.
Gotta know what your doing... which apparently you didn't. Because cutting the throat is a very effective method for dispatching game when done right!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-02-2010, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
Gotta know what your doing... which apparently you didn't. Because cutting the throat is a very effective method for dispatching game when done right!
Live it up! Doug
Done Right!....why are you even doing it? I thought you made all perfect shots . My situation was on a friends buck and almost cut the head off. Not to mention I got gored, bit, and slapped by hoves.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
Done Right!....why are you even doing it? I thought you made all perfect shots . My situation was on a friends buck and almost cut the head off. Not to mention I got gored, bit, and slapped by hoves.
Didn't get that on video by any chance? That's actually what I mean by done right. Sounds like you might want to work a little on technique. Although you may like getting slapped around some by the animal your hunting. Hahahah Have a good season!
Live it up! Doug
Old 11-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
Didn't get that on video by any chance? That's actually what I mean by done right. Sounds like you might want to work a little on technique. Although you may like getting slapped around some by the animal your hunting. Hahahah Have a good season!
Live it up! Doug
Lol....no video but an eerie memory

Last edited by stabnslab_WI; 11-02-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bigcountry
No, doubt, I feel a touch of sadness every time. God help the soul who doesn't. Its normal, and I believe its healthy. Those who don't, well keep your children away from them. Mentally they cannot be trusted and probably shouldn't be allowed hunting. Same as Jeffery Dahmer, these folks are akin to those who get off brutalizing dogs and cats.

Even pope and young, wrote in thier journals as they downed a lion, "we felt a touch of sadness as such a magnificent animal dies".
BC,

One of your best post !

I knew you were a "softie" way down deep in your black heart..... LOL

IMO
As hunters, it is our responsibility to kill our quarry as quickly and humanly as possible.
In nature (reality), it doesn’t always happen the way you hope.

Last edited by Sheridan; 11-02-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by skb2706
Nope I don't have to look away.
Me either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.