Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
guys across fence trimming holes on our property >

guys across fence trimming holes on our property

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

guys across fence trimming holes on our property

Old 10-31-2010, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default guys across fence trimming holes on our property

alright we were moving stands and doing some last minute trimming on some other stands. well we went to a 160 acre field of crp that we have and there are always big deer in there we have pictures of 5 separate bucks that will go over 150 to 170 inches and we shot a 227 about 70 yards across the road from this field but there's a quarter of a section right next to ours that is in a trust that only these people can hunt we were going through looking for a spot to put up a stand and we look over and see a hole that someone has trimmed out now there stand is about 10 foot on there side of the fence but they had to come over on our land to trim that hole so they can shoot on our land so we decided to put up a old stand that we dont care that gets stolen on a tree that is in the hole that they trimmed out and put up a posted no trespassing sign on a tree facing towards the stand

now i started thinking if we are in that stand and they are in the stand 10 feet away from us and a good buck walks in on our land you think they will be quite and let us shoot the deer or spoke the deer off so we wont get a shot at it ? lol

what would you guys have done if this has happen to you?
Old 11-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Typical Buck

i would talk to them and see if you can work it out
Old 11-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Typical Buck

IMO they should have taken the first step in talking instead of clearing out a lane. I suppose one should talk to them, but stuff like that really ticks me off. I would probably have the stand I put up on the opposite side of the tree from them and either sit in it or have a dummy in hunting clothes in it. Or I would trash the area so the deer would avoid it all together. Or on opening day whoever was going to hunt the spot go and talk to them in a loud voice about 30 min. after shooting light.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

In my opinion, they drew first blood when they not only came on your land but cut your trees.

I'd be tempted to hang a big blue tarp from a clothes line so that it extends 20 feet in the air and blocks their view on to your land. On the side that faces them, tie on a no tresspassing sign.

It would be one thing if they just hung a stand facing on to your property, but if you are positive that they cut your trees, that is pushing the limits as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
In my opinion, they drew first blood when they not only came on your land but cut your trees.

I'd be tempted to hang a big blue tarp from a clothes line so that it extends 20 feet in the air and blocks their view on to your land. On the side that faces them, tie on a no tresspassing sign.

It would be one thing if they just hung a stand facing on to your property, but if you are positive that they cut your trees, that is pushing the limits as far as I'm concerned.

LOL....I like your way of thinking with the tarp!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

As has been mentioned, try talking to your neighbors first. Hopefully they will be reasonable and it was an honest mistake.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Spike

I agree with stonewall on the blue tarp idea. But you also need to talk to them on this issue. Another idea is to park your truck in that hole opening morning and go to another spot and hunt. Make sure to let them know you appreciate them clearing a parking spot for ya!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Spike

Put up the blue tarp.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

Fog horn opening day enough said, and also a couple gallons of deer fence before opening day
Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

I would be careful taking the advice some people have given. Even though you are mad about it and they are on their property. If you cannot prove that they actually cut the lanes on your property, there is not much you can do about it. You did the right thing by putting up a sign.

I would not "trash the property" or use a "fog horn." Remember, most states DNR rules state that it is illegal to impede on one's right to hunt. Any action you make that impedes on their right to hunt will land you in trouble with the game warden. I would get in touch with the land owner or them and reassure them where your property line runs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.