Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

saw some fights/chasing

Old 10-31-2010, 03:37 PM
Spike

Default saw some fights/chasing

Friday night i went out and saw a total of 16 deer. 4 bucks the rest does. i saw two 2 1/2 yo circling each other after they both were chasing a doe. the fought for about a minute in a open corn field and they would circle and smell the doe and then fight again. happened for a good ten minutes this went on until 2 other bucks started fighting in the woods about 100 yards from them. they both took off to investigate. the one doe would squat and then was holding her tail off to the left side and the bucks would smell it and follow suit. im thinking she was pretty close to being in heat? 3 bucks in the field were chasing the does all around. the one 8 point was passed on the other day. i went back tonight and i did make it there a little later than usual but the field that is usually teaming with the does were empty. is that because they are finding food plots that arent out in the open because of all the harassing of the bucks?
Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Where did ya see the action? Not your paticular spot just an area of the state. Thanks
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Spike

stark county ohio. theres been some big deer taken. several 150in 8 point and 2 farms over a my buddy took a buck that scored almost 190