Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit >

Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fast answer...Lone Wolf or Summit

Old 10-31-2010, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Summit. Lone Wolf's are now made in CHINA. Thats a fact too.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Spike

Got the LW...yes its made in China, says it on the box and I think its going back. The plastic knobs look worn, platform has pitted orange crap on it, the bungee has all the plastic ripped off it and the metal bar for climbing bent by me just grabbing it and applying preasure. Just think when I sit on it and try to climb! Paid $417 not worth it to me ! Hello Titan
Old 10-31-2010, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a Summit Openshot this year and I am happy with it. Definitely not a lounge chair though, it is their smallest model.
Old 10-31-2010, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:28 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a Lone Wolf but I just bought a Summit and love it after 6 or 7 hunts. As long as you practice with it it is quiet and easy to put up. Summit Viper SS. I am 6' tall and 210#.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
I bought a Summit Openshot this year and I am happy with it. Definitely not a lounge chair though, it is their smallest model.
X2 - I've had mine for about 3-4 years and would buy another one!

FYI - I brought my lonewolf back for a refund that paid for the summit. The latches that hold the rubber climbing strap onto the tree continually failed - I did not feel safe, especially with a high price tag and the high altitude tree height
Old 11-03-2010, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

summit witout any question. I have had an old sumiit sabre for years which i upgraded to a viper for. i also have 3 summit double barrel 2 man stands which my son and i hunt from. i also own to summit talon lock on stands. i have never had any stand slip or any problem like the 1 guy discussed to you. the only stand you will ever catch me depending on with my life or my son's is a summit. hope u make the right choice because nothing worse than hard earned cash spent on something you dont like.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Fork Horn

I love my summit, the only thing that I wish they would change is make the cables just a little bit longer.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Spike

API and Non-Typical Stands are the only two, that I will trust. Have had Ol'man's and some other various types that just weren't as solid as these two brands. Just my opinion.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

I have 2 Summits..a Cobra and a SS Viper. I like them both. Never had a Lone Wolf so i can't compare them.