Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Kansas- Leave on the 3rd or wait a few days >

Kansas- Leave on the 3rd or wait a few days

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas- Leave on the 3rd or wait a few days

Old 10-29-2010, 08:08 AM
Spike

Default Kansas- Leave on the 3rd or wait a few days

Im leaving to go hunt the NC part of KS on the 3rd. This is my frst time hunting Kansas. I can hunt for about week or so. The forecast is calling for temps in the upper 60's and lows in the 40's until the 8th. Starting then, the temps gradually fall. The 11th and 12th are calling for temps in the mid 40's with lows around 20 with possible rain and snow. There is a new moon on the 5th. Only being able to hunt for 6-8 days, should I wait a few days to leave so I could hunt the 6-13? Either way, it looks like Ill have a decent moon phase. Common sense says to wait a few days and be able to hunt the few days before the front moves in and be able to hunt during the colder temps. What would be better hunting as far as the rutting activity goes? I want to see what you guys think?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Spike

Dont know about kansas but its on in kentucky right now I would start packing if I were you.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

im live in kansas, now i havent been out for about a week but i am going tonight. i have found a few rubs on the trees but nothing major and my buddy said he seen a buck chasing a doe 2 days ago but i think its still a lil to early. i will let you know what i see tonight. i hunt south central kansas
Old 10-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Spike

thanks ksharvester. Im looking to forward to getting up there. Good luck to you tonight!