Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what to do day before hunt

Old 10-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Spike

Default what to do day before hunt

I was wondering what you guys do the day before the hunt. When you're working your full time job the day before do you put on cologne like you normally would or skip it?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

iv always wondered what other people did also, I myself dont put any on
Old 10-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by david33
I was wondering what you guys do the day before the hunt. When you're working your full time job the day before do you put on cologne like you normally would or skip it?

I dont put on cologne ever stuff gives me a headache so i dont have that problem.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Whats bad for me is I hunt after school so I am smelling like axe and my cologne and usually dont have time to take a scent away shower.I just spray down with scent away and wear scent free clothes.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Dont use "smell me goods". So my problem would be the diesel/oil fumes......All strange smells go on the same board to a deers nose. Stay upwind.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Spike

The day's before...
...Can't sleep!
...Will not eat anything with spice's or garlic
...Don't want to hear any news but weather reports
...Double and Triple Checking Gear
...and most important...never wear cologne!

Have a great season!
Tony
Old 10-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of course I do. The day before is treated like any work day. Once I arrive at camp later that evening, I shower again at night before hitting the woods the following morning. This time without any sweet smelly stuff.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
Of course I do. The day before is treated like any work day. Once I arrive at camp later that evening, I shower again at night before hitting the woods the following morning. This time without any sweet smelly stuff.
That's what I do. During deer season I admit I use the scent control shampoo, soap, anti-persperant, etc. During other seasons (antelope, rabbit, squirrel, pheasant, etc.) I don't bother.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:45 PM
byg
Spike

I stop about a month out then just use scent away stuff and odorless deodorant, I never stink, at least thats what my GF says...and before the hunt, I am on here typing, I work second shift, so I gotta get up in 4 hrs for the hunt not much time.
Wish me luck
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Until I retire, work is first and foremost ( well behind family). I don't use cologne in general, but yeah, I can't count how many times
I have cancelled hunts at the last minute cause of weekend work.
Cancelled my week of a labour day hunt this year, cause if work.
It's what puts food on the table, money in the bank and money for my kids lifesavings so they won't have to work as hard as I do.
I live to work at the momement, hopefully at the age between 45 and 50, I can slow down some, and enjoy life, but I do plan on living to hunt when I retire.For now as soon as I get back from a long hunt, I am at work within an hour or I just go straight to work and shower
and get back to the grind.If I go at all after work I go.
I am entitled to 6 weeks paid vacation but I usually just pocket the cheque instead for weeks I didn't take.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.