Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bow Hunting is challenging/frustrating >

Bow Hunting is challenging/frustrating

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bow Hunting is challenging/frustrating

Old 10-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow Hunting is challenging/frustrating

The spot I hunt in the evening is right off a backroad. The deer come off the ridge and cross it at night. It's a great spot and have never failed to see deer. Well I saw one step out accross the road and she was so big I thought it was a buck til I got binos on her. She crossed and about 20 yards from my stand. I drew and she looked at me stomped and was on alert. She went back to the ground but continued to look my way. I waited ... A couple more steps come on girl ... Then I hear it .... Here comes a vehicle ... UPS truck rattling away. She came unglued ... "Blew" and then took off ... Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Things like that make it that much sweeter when you have success. You are right it is challenging and frustrating at times, that's what I love about it. Sometimes you just have to laugh at things like that. Good luck and hopefully everything will go right for you next time.

Last edited by Jeffro_17; 10-27-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

What Jeffro said, it's sweeter when you bag em. I know I have dealt with the frustration of being busted before but I kept right at it and although I haven't killed as many deer with bow as I have rifle, it's a bigger rush. That and getting busted makes you better.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yea it was frustrating. I think she would have gone about her business had the vehicle not came. She was just on edge. But I have to admit my heart was out of my chest. Kept telling myself ... Breathe, focus ... Take your time ... Lol
Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF bowhunting was easy it would prob be a lot less fun. Most folks who bow hunt a lot have many more stories of how they almost shot one instead of actually getting one but when you do it makes it that much better.
Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 AM
Fork Horn

You gotta stay cool. Move when she looks down or away. You will stick one if you stick with it. Good Luck
Old 10-28-2010, 04:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeffro_17
Things like that make it that much sweeter when you have success.
BINGO!

I've quoted that phrase for years! That's why I agree that any white tailed deer, or any animal for that matter, that is taken with a bow is a trophy or an accomplishment.

Hell, I was busted by a yearling a couple weeks ago while I was drawing on momma, who oddly enough had no clue I was up there and was looking the other way!!!

Gotta love it!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Certainly it is frustrating but it is a love relationship. you have times of great trials and times of great success. the important thing is how we view and and the work that we put into. at least for me it is not the success but the work i put into it.

the most challenging for me is when they are just out of bow range and something spooks them. like last year when the neighbors dog ran in to say hi and scared off the bucks and does alike. super frustrating
Old 10-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. A lot of the most rewarding moments have been simply "watching" deer. I saw my first fawn this season. I enjoy the experience as much as I enjoy successes.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I totally know what your saying and have had this same thing happen to me these past 3 1/2 weeks. Dump trucks backing up,beep beep beep! All that gravel sliding out of the bucket.Everyone geting ready for gun season in my area,bang bang bang! A neighbors cat coming under my stand and geting the tree rats all screaming,a redtail hawk comes in also and here we go again! Coons messing around down in the creek fliping rocks looking for a snack. But I would not have it any other way except for the dump truck spooking my Turkeys and I'm sure some deer to. The beauty of the fall colors the cool breeze in my face the smells of the woods and like you I have enjoyed seeing a lot of deer. I have been amazed being busted and the way they hear every leaf crunch or twig snap,it is a real challenge for sure.I look at it this way if I don't get one today I get to go back out tomarrow and so on and my wife tells me to get back in the saddle and get her some meat. Ya gotta love it guys,as Mr.R. Ragland says "I had a good day". Good Hunting To Ya Bro!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.