HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   ?????????????????? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/332797-a.html)

30-30 Savage 10-27-2010 06:48 AM

??????????????????

:confused0024:what time do you guys wake up on opening morning????:confused0024:

Big Z 10-27-2010 07:48 AM

When I'm finished sleeping.

doetrain 10-27-2010 12:08 PM

I don't think I ever fall deep into sleep opening night of any new aspect of the season. I personally get up at 4:00 am every morning hunt I shower make coffee read my bible meditate a while and head out about as awake as I can be. I like to be in my stand,I use a climber, an hour or hour and a half before sunrise. I think the longer things settle down the better and I take my time geting set up which helps cut down on the sweating. Do I need to be up there so early? Maybe not but thats my way of geting ready for a great day. Good Hunting To Ya!

Valentine 10-27-2010 12:24 PM

On average, when I wake up

Of course, I've avoided opening day in our state like the plague. It mattered in a state with a two week season. But with a long season, now, I started to hunt during the week. By myself. And avoided a lot of the newbies. That's a reward in itself.

wis_rifle_hunter 10-27-2010 05:13 PM

i'm usually up around 4:30-5:00. i shower, eat breakfast and get the stuff loaded up in the truck. it usually gets light around 7 so i'm usually in the stand by 6 or 6:30

WI Bow Hunter 10-27-2010 05:18 PM

Usually get up around 500... get out to the stand.. then the fight to stay awake begins lol :P

blueahlijr 10-28-2010 03:33 PM

Im up at 4:30am and im so pumped im in the stand at 5-5:30am

ek_buckmaster 10-28-2010 03:49 PM

Yeah im one of those guys that can't sleep, get up a good two hours before its legal time to shoot, and get to my spot a good hour before light. I just get way too excited and I take every moment I can during gun hunting to be in the stand since our season here is only 9 days!! Plus the ppl that hunt around me are the kinda ppl that come in just before legal shooting hours and they typically push the deer right to me :)

garett12 10-28-2010 04:01 PM

I get up at 4:30 to hunt.

Jimmy S 10-28-2010 05:46 PM

Since daylight saving time takes affect early in the season, I make it a point to get up, get all my to-do's done and be in my treestand 30-45 min before legal shooting hours begins ( 30 min before sunrise). That may be a 3:00am wakeup....whatever it takes.

I love being all set just knowing I have that much time before I can even see, never mind shoot. To me, it's the absolute best time of the day for me. Knowing as the sun begins to rise, the woods will soon be alive with birds, small critters and hopefully that big old whitetail buck that may make that one fatal mistake. His mistake: Letting me see him before he sees me!