HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Washing Hunting Cloths (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/332676-washing-hunting-cloths.html)

BOWHUNTER818 10-25-2010 05:44 PM

Washing Hunting Cloths

Well i finally broke down and bought 2 new scentblockers suits And XLT and a Fleece Dreamseason suit. I have used them both a total of 2 times. I Usally wash all my hunting cloths in a "Scent-Away" Unscented Detergent and then i dry them with the Earth Scent Dry sheets..

What is the best way to wash the New Scent blocker suits i dont want to screw these things up..how do you guys wash you stuff??

Thanks, BH818

smacky 10-25-2010 06:04 PM

Washing hunting clothes

I have Scentlock clothing which is basically the same as Scentblocker and I use the Scent away products on them. However, I do not use any dryer sheets because Scentlock says not to. I just dry them on high heat for at least 45 minutes. Hope this helps.:barmy:

BOWHUNTER818 10-25-2010 06:09 PM

Well would it be ok to put into the washer? I dont want them to pick up any scents from my normal detergant..

ADVWannabee 10-26-2010 04:55 AM

I hang my clothing on the back porch to dry. They come back in smelling like the outdoors. I am afraid to dry them in the dryer, even with special sheets as I am afraid scent from the regular dryer sheets would still be in the dryer.

Valentine 10-26-2010 05:03 AM

Good Control

Quote: "Well would it be ok to put into the washer? I dont want them to pick up any scents from my normal detergant.."

I got the non hunter in the house to use household detergent that had no scent.

And I went cheap by using a homemade detergent that was scent free and free of brighteners, the UV kind.

PY Antlers 10-26-2010 08:05 AM

If you bought all that I would say you wasted a lot of money on stuff that won't work any better than regular nonoutline camo. I'm serious, I sold all mu Scent Lok on ebay and made enough to buy warmer stuff at Cabela's. I got it as scentless as I could, keep it hanging in the cedar bush and haven't been busted yet, basicly the same results as Scent lok. With all the contiversy about carbon suits going on, I researched the process myself and came to the conclusion that it don't work. Your better off buying the silver lined stuff from Medalist.

SteveBNy 10-26-2010 09:34 AM

Doesn't matter what you wash them in - they have already absorbed all the scent the "blockers" can take and it's impossible to get them out in a home dryer.

smacky 10-26-2010 02:57 PM

Washing hunting clothes

I wash my Scent Lok stuff in the washing machine and have never had a problem. I do know that carbon activated clothing will not prevent you from getting busted all the time and you still have to use the wind to your advantage and hunt smart. But, it does help contain some of your scent. My 2 cents.:rock: