Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer urine

Old 10-24-2010, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default deer urine

Anyone use the urine from the deer they get. If so do you just use it how you get it or do you do something with it.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Spike

Now that's an interesting question that I'd also like to hear an answer to. Every time I dress a deer I first squeeze the bladder to remove the urine to avoid potential contact with the flesh. I never thought of containing it. How does one preserve it, put it in a small spray bottle & freeze it? Is the tarsal gland required to be ground/mixed with the urine?

Looking forward to replies.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Ive used it as is, especially if im going the next day. I never use tarsals until the rut and usually they are saturated so no need to mix with urine. I freeze and reuse the tarsals multiple times.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Typical Buck

I always catch and contain the urine from the deer I get. If I'm going to still be hunting I just keep it in the fridge at about 40 degree's. I also always cut the tarsel glands off and keep them as well and either use them or freeze them. If I'm not going to use the saved urine I freeze it asap and use it next year. It's cheaper than buying it and probably better.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Typical Buck

The urine straight from the bladder contains nothing that would attract deer. It would be easier to pee in a bag, and likely just as effective.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by M.Magis
The urine straight from the bladder contains nothing that would attract deer. It would be easier to pee in a bag, and likely just as effective.
Is that so?... then Wats all the stuff u can buy in the stores. Why do deer spray a little here and there to mark territory... wen it has nothing in it that deer can pick up on? If that is true, give me good facts. Proof. Cuz everything I hav herd is completely opposite.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by M.Magis
That's quite an unusual statement considering that doe urine has been a calling card for bucks, and other does as well, since they arrived on earth. Their urine is one of many of their communication techniques.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

I dont see why it wouldnt, Give it a shot either it works or it doesnt ya know...
Old 10-26-2010, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Do a little reading fellas. The urine itself is nothing but a carrier for the estrous vaginal secretions. That is the attactant, not the urine. Urine straight from the bladder is useless.
For bucks, they're urinating on their tarsal glands, not straight on to a scrape because it's the tarsal scent that's important, not the urine.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

So doe pee from a non-estrous doe is useless? They are only in estrous for about 24 hours, so are you saying that bucks don't pick up on doe urine before then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.