Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe urine buyers beware!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default doe urine buyers beware!!!

just a heads up for all you hunters that are using doe urine. There is a gentleman in yates city illinois that claims to have the biggest deer farm in illinois and the best urine around. the company name is SPOONRIVER GOLD.After contacting him and driving all the way there to get 3 gallons of doe urine, i was very disappointed in his facilities he uses to collect his urine. after only seeing 3 does in his so called facilty and noticing that feces were caked on the floor were the urine is collected, i decided to not purchase urine from him. His facility was a complete joke. After talking with a few local hunters from around his area, i heard the same things from them. They told me they had purchased urine from him last year and they claimed it was also watered down. Luckly i was able to get info from some locals there that sent me to another deer farm in the area and was able to see a very professional facility and get my 3 gallons of urine. I know urine isnt a big deal to some hunters but at $10 for 4 ounces, that adds up if you use much urine. If you happen to come across this urine, my advice to you is, stay away!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I talked with one of the managers of a large doe in estrus collection farm several years ago and was surprised at the number of does he said they had on their farm. They take the does in and give them hormones that will bring them into estrus. They know how many hours it will be till they start in and how long they will stay in. Then they recycle another group of does in for collection.