Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Was I just dreaming?

Old 11-14-2010, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Had a friend who's wife complained cause she was tired of eating deer and turkey. My friend simply replied would you rather have squirrel or rabbit then.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
The reason is that life is very hard without electricity, gasoline, corporate agriculture, and modern medicine. If you had to compete with the entire human population as well as natural predators, you wouldn't have seen a plethora of game within rifle range. And the way of life you are complaining about is directly responsible for the production of rifles that can accurately and easily harvest animals at longer ranges. The deer and squirrel populations have exploded specifically due to human agriculture.

If you could hop in a time machine and go back to the land before cars and electricity, you would find out really quickly why people endeavored toward the industrial revolution.
...which you forgot to mention would be a lot smaller that the current population since people would have to fight to eat / survive. Survival of the fittest and all...