Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Was I just dreaming?

Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Was I just dreaming?

I swore that I posted here last night but maybe I had a dream.
It went something like this......

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if we lived in a world in its natural state where we wasnt destroying everything to build buildings or roads that are not needed,or what it would be like to hunt a 2,000 pound bison or a black bear,we had these animals in Illinois but our greed wiped them out.The rivers was once crystal clear and now they are black.I just cant see how we got to this point or why we chose a life of hard work in a dirty factory or office building when we once had the best lands in the world full of wild game to eat and the water was drinkable,for those of us that would choose to live an easier more natural life they have made that impossible and the way they did that was to pollute the waters and force you to buy a piece of paper to catch a fish or harvest an animal,but in reality nobody should have the right to tell someone what he or she should be able to eat or when he or she should be able to harvest it.

I bring this up because money has been pretty scarce around here,I am not poor and yes I have internet and roof over my head and a car to drive but recently taxes was due and I found myself pretty hungry for a couple weeks,I have all the guns that I need to harvest an animal but cant because it is not gun season,so I find myself having to go out with a bow and saw plenty of meat right in front of my face but everything was just out of bow range,I thought about taking the rifle out but I didn't ,even though in my mind I know that there would have been nothing wrong with doing this in the situation that I was in.I cant say I would make the same decisions if I were in the situation again.

Long story short I don't understand why we took the direction we did and continue to take,one of these days the future generations are going to be faced with the consequences of our actions,we should be taking a long hard look at the way we are headed and start restoring the land and not destroying it.

I apologize if I did post this message last night and it was removed I am not trying to cause any problems its just reality and would like to see how every body else see's it.If you think I am crazy say it I wont be offended.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

we should....

get rid of the beef/chicken industry, just have free ranging bison... pheasants...

If tree huggers wanted a burger they'd have to shoot it!
Old 10-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

agree with you 100%. I've got family that had hard times and when a 80 year old women can't eat enough game laws can go to h***. Sh asked me to go get her some food and at the time I had no cash so I got her 3 squarels outta season but gotta do what ya gotta do. If you need food bad enough take out the rifle try and not ge caught but it beats starving. I'm sure some will flame me for this but oh well we all gotta live and make do the best we can.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

personally if my family was starving i would go out, season or not, and get some damn food to put on the table
Old 10-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
I swore that I posted here last night but maybe I had a dream.
No my friend, you were not dreaming and I saw nothing wrong with your post, but I and some others found MrSmith's reply directly to you very untasteful.

See for yourself:

Your post was deleted and I'm not sure why. It would have been better to leave MrSmith's post so everyone can see his true colors. Funny how his "taking a dump in the woods" post was found credible enough to stay though.

iSnipe
Old 10-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Typical Buck

The reason is that life is very hard without electricity, gasoline, corporate agriculture, and modern medicine. If you had to compete with the entire human population as well as natural predators, you wouldn't have seen a plethora of game within rifle range. And the way of life you are complaining about is directly responsible for the production of rifles that can accurately and easily harvest animals at longer ranges. The deer and squirrel populations have exploded specifically due to human agriculture.

If you could hop in a time machine and go back to the land before cars and electricity, you would find out really quickly why people endeavored toward the industrial revolution.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Spike

Awwww...and I had a nice little response to this "Mr. Smith" fella...
Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Oh okay ,I was thinking well where the heck did the post go,I guess MrSmith doesn't share my views or have anything good to say.I do appreciate all the feedback.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

. I agree that if the land would have been left alone it would of been more beautiful, but with the population rate climbing through the roof industrialization and such are what had to be done to keep up with the demands of the world. Its all part of the life cycle, and were just living it.

Last edited by mohunter09; 09-04-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

I have not hunted out of season in many years but when I was first married and had a child I will say my wife rarely had to buy meat from the store. In my eyes there is a difference between poaching and feeding your family. I will not wait for my children to be starving before I kill a deer or other game animal for food. When I see hard times coming, and I hope I never do, I will do my best to prepare for them if I can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.