Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What do you think happened in this news story? >

What do you think happened in this news story?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you think happened in this news story?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default What do you think happened in this news story?

OASIS -- A 33-year-old Nekoosa man was stabbed Monday evening while hunting in the town of Oasis. Timothy L. Wolfe was stabbed at least once by an unknown male on hunting property Wolfe's family leases, according to a Waushara County Sheriff's news release Tuesday.
He suffered multiple serious but not life-threatening injuries, authorities said.
Wolfe was hunting when he was confronted by an unknown male. They fought, and police say Wolfe was stabbed with the attacker's knife.
Wolfe then drove to a home and called 911 at 5:09 p.m. Monday. He was taken to Wild Rose Community Hospital and later flown by medical helicopter to Theda Clark Medical Center for treatment. Officials said Tuesday he wasn't at the Neenah hospital.
Law enforcement from Wisconsin State Patrol, the Portage County Sheriff's Department, Plainfield Police Department and Waushara County Sheriff's Department found the location where the incident took place, but they were unable to find or identify the other man.
Waushara County Sheriff David R. Peterson said in an e-mail that his office will release a description of the suspect once it has accurate information. He also said there is "no reason to believe that this was anything other than an isolated incident."
His office is investigating the stabbing
(This article was published in the Stevens Point Journal)

IMO I think the victim was confronting a tresspasser when he was attacked. If that is the case, that makes me mad b/c someone goes on to another persons property, gets caught, and then gets mad at the other guy for catching him.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ek_buckmaster
IMO I think the victim was confronting a tresspasser when he was attacked. If that is the case, that makes me mad b/c someone goes on to another persons property, gets caught, and then gets mad at the other guy for catching him.

Sounds about right.

I always carry a handgun while hunting, especially bowhunting. Tresspasser attacks me with a knife, there will be one less Tresspasser. Too bad this guy will live to attack again.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Stonewall308
Sounds about right.

I always carry a handgun while hunting, especially bowhunting. Tresspasser attacks me with a knife, there will be one less Tresspasser. Too bad this guy will live to attack again.
I'd rather shoot the man in the knee cap and let him crawl back to the road. hah
Old 10-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not nearly enough info to bother to speculate.