HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Hey guys, look at this crap, are they stupid? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/332279-hey-guys-look-crap-they-stupid.html)

2robinhood 10-20-2010 03:40 AM

Hey guys, look at this crap, are they stupid?

This was on my local news.
Unbelievable.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=7734164

DeerandbearhoG 10-20-2010 04:20 AM

I love the genius that wants them to trap and bring the deer to the pocanos, so he can hunt them there:s2: Just goes to show how stupid even our fellow hunters can be. Hey, I wonder how ya get one of those "sharpshooter" jobs?

timbercruiser 10-20-2010 04:24 AM

I don't know what is the most crazy idea, introducing more coyotes or paying sharpshooters to shoot the deer. No doubt they could have hunters, maybe trained a little better on restrictions, take out the 500 deer at very little charge. I've always understood that coyotes usually prey on either the sick, old, pre-killed, or newborn as far as deer go and instead prefer rabbits, etc as a natural food source.

schester14 10-20-2010 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by DeerandbearhoG (Post 3705819)
Hey, I wonder how ya get one of those "sharpshooter" jobs?

Haha I was wondering the same thing. I just don't quite understand how a coyote ripping apart a yearling is more humane and effective than a well placed round...but hey who knows.

vapahunter 10-20-2010 06:05 AM

So when the coyotes get the 500 deer they want removed then what? Who get to keep track of how many deer that the coyotes kill so they can be stopped? How do they intend to make sure that the coyotes only kill deer and not the little tiny cute rabbits, squirrels, dogs an cats. Some people just don't know when to quit.

I think they should hire PETA and HSUS and tell them they have 60 days to reduce the deer polulation by 500 and then sit backa nd watch the fun begin. In the mean time they could be checking out and training local hunters to do the job when PETA and HSUS have to admit failure.

littlearrow 10-20-2010 06:16 AM

Trapping deer is not a pretty sight. The stress and injuries that they go through with several having to be put down due to this. I'm not sure if introducing more coyotes is the answer. There population can expand pretty fast causing a different problem. Also an over abundance of coyotes (they can come down with mange) which is a loss of hair resulting in death in colder climates. My suggestion is issue a limited number of free tags or tags at a reduced rate. This meat then could either be consumed by the hunter or donated to food banks.

HardwoodHunter 10-20-2010 07:11 AM

Just bring em to the pocanos. I hunt there. hahahaha, gotta love it.

crenshaw 10-20-2010 07:25 AM

If they wont let them use the sharpshooters, then i say screw coyotes, bring in the wolves and sit back and watch the fireworks... Montana, Idaho and Wyoming will gladly supply some wolfs for the experiment. Then maybe after the deer population and other populations are culled in the area, people will put this wolf debate to bed along with thinning out the deer in the park.. two birds one stone. After that experiment im sure giving out wolf tags in the west along with allowing sharpshooters and hunters to do their jobs in the east will be some what restored...cause some havoc to get the point across to these morons.

LKNCHOPPERS 10-20-2010 07:50 AM

Got to love the ignorant animal loving city attitude don't we. Law suits, bring in coyotes to kill the deer (Coyotes kill the weak and young only), trap and relocate. Urbania is a joke as usual. Open it up for Bowhunting if people are afraid of the guns or use shot guns. Many of the Parks in NY near the city have gone to controlled bowhunting and it helps and provides good quality hunting for their residents.

fishtaconc 10-20-2010 08:04 AM

What amazes me is States and Local goverment agencies will not offer bonus tags or increase bag limits for hunters who pay but will pay "sharpshooters" to kill deer or introduce or increase a predator population.