HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Just Be Polite (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/332241-just-polite.html)

cal516 10-19-2010 02:51 PM

Just Be Polite

Just wanted to share something with you that happened last night. I was hunting public land that butts up against private property. I have parked on a dirt road right down the road from a house for the past two seasons and then walk in. Well last night I got a little turned around walking back to my truck. I saw a light to a house and had a feeling it was the one I park down the road from but wanted to make sure. So I walked toward the house and the owner came out. I told him I was hunting the public land and got turned around. He said yea your truck is right up there but where you are parked is private property. I apologized and said it would not happen again and that I had figured it was ok sense the road was also butted against public land. He said he didn't mean to be an ass but when the season kicks off people trash it. I told him I understood and wouldn't park there again. I told him I was retiring from the military and that was my last night because I was moving back to Tennessee. Well turns out he works for a company that is in the town I am moving back to. He said you know I never see any trash there when you leave so it's ok to park. He has no problem. He asked if I had had any luck and we talked for a few minutes. To end my long windedness my point is we shoot ourselves in the foot when it comes to private land owners. When you disrespect property they generalize all hunters and we as a whole we lose their respect.

UncleNorby 10-19-2010 02:58 PM

All true.

But it makes no difference to some people. There are quite a few that have made up their minds already. Being polite is still the best policy, but you'll never get a break from those that were scarred for life by watching "Bambi" and seeing the prince of the forest get shot by those nasty hunters.

salukipv1 10-19-2010 03:02 PM

I spoke to a guy who was hunting public land bordering private, he picked up some trash on the private property, the landowner saw him doing this from a distance and said, feel free to hunt my ranch anytime!

Trash, beer cans, makes me sick, along with people who don't recycle. I've seen people in cars eating dump their trash out the window a few times! It's like what? you can't hold onto your trash and dump it in a can when you get home or back to work? What scumbags these people are!

Alknew182 10-19-2010 05:36 PM

Down the street from my uncles house there were some guys last year that trashed the place. They hunt the state land that is just down the way, and every time you would drive by it looked like someone took a trash can and dumped it. Its unbelievable how people treat land that's not their own. I'm glad we have not seen them yet this year!

deernutz 10-19-2010 05:45 PM

Makes me sad. Poor up bringing. Morales these days are out the window. Back in the day we would kick their tails down ther road and we would never see them again.