HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Good shot or Not? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/332127-good-shot-not.html)

30-30 Savage 10-18-2010 06:47 AM

Good shot or Not?

I shot a doe at 20 yards while running first day out hunting when i was twelve i blasted it, flipped it, and there was no heart left at all
Alright or Not!:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed::rant::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::roc k::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

blackhawk_archery 10-18-2010 06:58 AM

well unless you planned on eating the heart I cant see anything wrong.

PY Antlers 10-18-2010 07:24 AM

Why would you ask if it was a good shot or not?

Jimmy S 10-18-2010 08:17 AM

Who was running, you or the deer? :wink:
No need to ask...good shot!

3rexII7 10-18-2010 08:34 AM

That's how i got my first buck some years ago. Was an unforgettable moment. A good shot is a shot that can get food on the table IMO :party0005:

sea_bee77 10-18-2010 08:42 AM

a shot at a running deer is never a good shot. atleast it got the job done but me personally i would never have taken that shot to much room for mistake

Jeff Ovington 10-18-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by PY Antlers (Post 3704519)
Why would you ask if it was a good shot or not?

He wants his koodos.LOL
Not as good as the shot I did on my first deer when I was 9. But it was a good shot.

vapahunter 10-18-2010 11:48 AM

"a shot at a running deer is never a good shot. atleast it got the job done but me personally i would never have taken that shot to much room for mistake"

i like the way people try to deflate others by their own preferences. Notice he said "when he was twelve". For a hunter that age any shot is a doable one.

I take it you were never that age and had the opportunity to hunt. My first deer was the same kind of shot. Due to the way I was taught to shoot by my father the deer ended up in the freezer as have many others who were moving through the woods since then. could it be others might have different abilities than you? We each have our own abilites and use them to our benefits BUT we should not chastise those who do things differently.

sea_bee77 10-18-2010 11:55 AM

12 or not people need to respect hunting and learn to take good shots. more often than not shooting at a running deer will not have these kind of results. clearly he knows that a heart shot is a good shot and is looking for kudos. i congratulate your kill but am just trying to give advice for future. their will be plenty of chances no need to chance a risky shot.

vapahunter 10-18-2010 12:03 PM

So it is your way or it is the wrong way. Not a very good attitude to have. How do you know he did not learn anything from that. If it is such a risky shot how come so many deer have been killed that way? As I said we each have our own abilities and should use them as best we can. sorry if you do not agree with that but there is more than one way to skin a cat or shot a deer.