Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Come out Come out wherever you are >

Come out Come out wherever you are

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Come out Come out wherever you are

Old 10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Come out Come out wherever you are

Well I am a member of this club in NW TN. Its along the mississippi river right at the corner of the state. We lease it from a timber company and at first thing were great. Then they sold the place to another company and this comppnay clear cut everything. What happens when you give sun to a 2700 acre bottom alon the mississippi? You get horseweeds 12ft tall. My question is not DO we have they shooters, Its HOW do I find them? Sure we attempt foodplots the size of an NYC backyard. With not so great eqiupment. I am asking HOw do you suggest I lure 'em out? Scents have been so-so, and the rut is oppurtunity but they stick thier nose out then leave if no does. Any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks.

BTW: I had to repost this because it kinda got buried under many more threads.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you cut paths through the weeds with a bush hog? If so, maybe place some stands to view cut strips like they do in Texas?