Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Youtube Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos >

Youtube Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Spike

Default Youtube Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos

Millions of hunters all over the United States eagerly await hunting season to apply deer hunting tips and tricks they have learned over the years. They are all excited to see who can shoot the biggest deer
, or who can kill the deer with the largest rack. The following paragraphs will provide the reader with some basic tips and tricks associated with hunting for deer.

Firstly, many seasoned hunters will suggest that you do not bath or apply cologne or deodorant before hunting for deer. The deer have a keen sense of smell, and are deterred by our normal hygiene products. This is why you see so many men unshaven when they go deer hunting. They do not want to decrease their chances of shooting a deer by using hygiene products to shave. This also applies to laundry soaps. I like to hang my cloths outside on the line for a week or so depending on the weather. Then I keep my hunting cloths in an old cooler with pine bows and cut up apples.

Second, in order to increase your chances of shooting a deer, you need to avoid other hunters. It only makes sense. Deer do their best to avoid hunters. Areas overpopulated with hunters do not tend to have very many deer.You will very seldom see big whitetail deer where there is a lot of hunting pressure. Youtube Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos

Thirdly, another way to increase your chances of getting the deer you want is to change your deer stand or blind location periodically. Having multiple stand/blind locations will definitely be to your benefit. A whitetail will spook if they senses that you're hanging out in one area too long. It only takes a big
whitetail one time to spook them out of an area. Also multiple stands allows you more options to hunt according the the wind direction.

Tip: Deer will travel according to the thermals. As the air warms up throughout the day your scent will rise uphill. Multiple stands will give you the opportunity to take advantage of positioning yourself in the best possible advantage points.

Finally, if you want to increase your chances of shooting a deer, you should hunt as long as possible, especially during the phases of the rut. Most deer are shot either at dawn or at dusk, however, during the rut the buck are moving all the time. Also most hunters have a hard time setting for long periods of time. So....between 9:00 am and 11:00am these guys will be starting to move around. Consequently... if their are any deer in the area they will get pushed. If you are still setting in your stand your odds of getting a deer greatly increase. I would say most of the deer I have shot have been between 11:00 am and 1:30 pm. I don't know how many times I've gotten down from my stand only to spook deer walking in to me. If I had only sat for 15 more minutes I might have had a shot. Can you relate? Any way keep this in mind the next time you want to quit early, even fifteen minutes early, you may miss the shot you've been waiting on all day. Just remember to be patient, though. Patience is a virtue when it comes to deer hunting.
To watch some great Youtube Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos check out deerhuntinginfo.net