Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

question about trail cam pics

Old 10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default question about trail cam pics

Ok first off I want to say that in ky baiting is legal and if you dont agree with it I understand your views but please dont flame the thread with negative comments... ok that being said. I have a trail cam set up in a clearing next to a creek bottom on a feeder. One side of the creek is a hillside full of red oaks and other nut trees adn the other side is a hillside full of cedars. I hae ve been getting hundreds of pics of does but no bucks. Only buck was a four pointer and only got two pics. Why would I not be getting any pics of bucks even though I know they are in the area due to fresh rubs and I have seen them. Thanks for input
Old 10-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kyslayer
Ok first off I want to say that in ky baiting is legal and if you dont agree with it I understand your views but please dont flame the thread with negative comments... ok that being said. I have a trail cam set up in a clearing next to a creek bottom on a feeder. One side of the creek is a hillside full of red oaks and other nut trees adn the other side is a hillside full of cedars. I hae ve been getting hundreds of pics of does but no bucks. Only buck was a four pointer and only got two pics. Why would I not be getting any pics of bucks even though I know they are in the area due to fresh rubs and I have seen them. Thanks for input
Don't worry about some flaming you for Kentucky having common sense and allow baiting. My question would be is your cam close enough to the food source to get pics at all hours of the night?
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

o yea im getting pics at all hours of the day... 8 am 10 am 2 pm 6 pm midnight 2 am.... more than one group of does
Old 10-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kyslayer
o yea im getting pics at all hours of the day... 8 am 10 am 2 pm 6 pm midnight 2 am.... more than one group of does
Only thing I can think of is the big bucks must be using another food source. Or just not stepping in front of your cam.
Live it up! Doug