Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Why do TV shows make it look so easy? >

Why do TV shows make it look so easy?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Why do TV shows make it look so easy? Multiple choice
They're pros
2.70%
They have money and go to outfitters with a lot of deer
100.00%
They get lucky
2.70%
They know exactly how to manage high deer herds
2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Why do TV shows make it look so easy?

Old 10-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Fork Horn

It seems easy because they take out all the footage of them just sitting there waiting, So you only see the action, Almost like they were there 5 minutes and a 170+ walked in front of them. But its what it is
Old 10-16-2010, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the same reason that when you go to a kennel you see dog after dog. They already know in advance the deer will be there and its just matter of putting them on film.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by doall hunter
It seems easy because they take out all the footage of them just sitting there waiting, So you only see the action, Almost like they were there 5 minutes and a 170+ walked in front of them. But its what it is
Exactly..Who wants to to watch the hunter sit waiting.What audience viewer,would want to watch a show like that?Smart people, want your audience glued to the T.V.. Not have their viewers, turn the channel or leave the room. Reguardless of what people may,or may not, think of hunting shows, they're, as many viewers that watch just to criticsize, as there are that watch, because they like, and they think they are being informed. Either way the show gets the viewers and the audience the contracts endorsements and make money.In turn audience is happy cause they either felt informed or it made them happy that they could criticsize.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-16-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't watch tv haven't for years, but I do know how it works, first it's called editing. Someone is payed to decided what people want to see (like or dislike, doesn't matter) and what sells products. Apparently people complain but do nothing but talk about this show or that one which brings us to reason 2, They don't care if you like or dislike a show as long as you watch it and comment. When they sell advertising they take a count of everyone who's watched good or bad doesn't matter and with x number of viewers they sell advertising.

Simply turn it off and get on with life. Someday maybe when no one cares anymore things will change, won't be in my life time. They have so much authority now that if enough people didn't care I think they would end our way of life and enforce martial law. That's how stuck on themselves they are.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default hunting shows

I watch them because I love seeing arrows going through deer. I cant get enough of it. However when they start talking and plugging gear I lose interest really fast. Oh "I couldnt have done it without my TC or my Mathews or my scent loc suit." I know what works for me and I will continue to use what works for me. Now if I see something new that I like I may give it a try. Basically I take alot of what they say with a tiny grain of salt..
Old 10-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

money makes everything easier dont it
Old 10-16-2010, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
money makes everything easier dont it
Yep. Whoever said money doesn't by happiness, was one he'll of a poor poor person in everyway .I know I'd be a hell of alot happier with more of it. I'm not poor by any means but it would be nice to fly to Venice at a moments notice for a romantic dinner with the wife. A nice spaghetti dinner and fine wine at a classy restaurant, without the kids and be back by morn.LOL.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-16-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

If most of us cut our season down to a 30min tv show...I think that's 24mins...I think our season would look awesome! deer around every turn/bend...etc...