Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have you ever wondered why?

Old 10-15-2010, 05:38 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mitchmtm1
I can't think of any of those animals that you listed that grow to 8' or 9' tall weigh in excess of 350# and stink to high heaven even when alive.

Let me guess you have seen a few while out scouting for Black Panthers.

Mitch
Now how would you know those things unless...............
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-15-2010, 08:39 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by timbercruiser
I'm in the woods all the time and I don't find a lot of dead bodies. Sure you will find feathers and sometimes a few bones, but for the number of animals out there that you know are dieing of either natural or predator causes it would seem that there would be a lot of stuff lying around. A few weeks ago there was a video of a dead deer that was tied to a stake and left to decompose without big predators eating it, just worms, maggots, microbes, etc and it didn't take but a few days for it to dissappear.
I second that. I will rarely find some bones, but never a whole carcass unless its been poached, or ran over.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

I've never really thought about it, but now that I do, I have never found a wild animal that has died of natural causes. The only things I've stumbled across have been shot, or at least killed by a person. That is actually a pretty weird thing to think about.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, but what wigs me out is we have a large area that we hunt almost 2k acres, and we have seen some biiiiiiiiiiig bucks out there, but you never find sheds at all where we are at.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Spike

Everybody knows that bigfoot bury their dead!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:58 AM
Fork Horn

I find bones all the time, and occasionally carcasses. In the winter, carcasses seem to last much longer. There are some exceedingly rare animals in North America, and people still seem to find evidence of them from time to time...yet never any proof of big foot.

Therefore I think there's a lot of validity to the argument that if there was an 8-ft beast running around in the woods, someone would have produced proof of it by now. They don't exist.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have a lot of black bears in PA but I've never come across a dead one. A lot of hunters go their whole lives without seeing a bear in the woods. Some never see a deer
Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kswild
When you talk about things like Bigfoot people always say why do we not find their dead bodies? Do you ever wonder why... of the millions of birds there are why the ground is not littered with dead birds or why you never find dead bobcats, or turkeys, or coons, or wild pigs, or bears, deer, squirrels, coyotes or really any animal that has died in the wild? Mother nature has a way of keeping things cleaned up. Could this be why?
Live it up! Doug
Yeah. I believe I sparked this whole theory a while back during a heated discussion about the black(CAT) sightings/pics. I have come to find out that "Sasquatch" is protected in New York State. Does anyone else know this to be true?? Like I said before, there used to be bounties on wolves and panthers/pumas in New York State before the 20th Century. Hell, if I ran through the woods nekked' there'd be a new episode of monsterquest!! But then again, "Sasquatch" is a Native American word and it goes down in history of there being a large hairy creature. Also, The Natives were very large in stature 7-8 feet tall in some recorded instances. Who Knows!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by PREDATE
Yeah. I believe I sparked this whole theory a while back during a heated discussion about the black(CAT) sightings/pics. I have come to find out that "Sasquatch" is protected in New York State. Does anyone else know this to be true?? Like I said before, there used to be bounties on wolves and panthers/pumas in New York State before the 20th Century. Hell, if I ran through the woods nekked' there'd be a new episode of monsterquest!! But then again, "Sasquatch" is a Native American word and it goes down in history of there being a large hairy creature. Also, The Natives were very large in stature 7-8 feet squattall in some recorded instances. Who Knows!!!!!!
Well the Sasquatch is protected in my Province as well.Makes me wonder just what the Militaries and Governments have classified.
But if it ever came after me I kill it no questions asked.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by hanks396
Everybody knows that bigfoot bury their dead!!!
That or they know to die around wolves and scavengers to make sure their bodies are taken care of Jimmy Hoffa style--small pieces buried all over a huge landscape.