Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Down Right Meanness!

Old 10-11-2010, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Angry Down Right Meanness!

I am very thankful that most of you my fellow Hunters are moral and ethical in your aproach to our lifestyle and sport and would never endanger willfully another hunters life. But something happened this weekend at one of my hunting areas that is down right wicked and mean. A neighbor hunter had his stand vandlized one that has been used by his father and himself for years. Also someone had strung a pieace of wire about the height of a man siting on a four wheeler with the intent of hurting or killing someone on his property. This property is next to where I hunt and we have an agreement and permission to recover any deer shot which crosses over on either line. Poaching,tresspassing and trashing a person property is bad enough but desiring to injure a person or kill them because they will not let you hunt their property is outrageous! This happened in Memphis Indiana near Crone and Ebenezer church roads and If anyone on the site hears of anyone in this area speaking of this incident please let me know. I doubt that such people are on our forum but if you have ever considered doing anything like this because you do not like not being able to hunt anothers property banish such thoughts from your mind and heart. This is what ruins many of us having opportunities to hunt on private land. It makes me want to avoid going out there now to kept from geting hurt but then they would win and I would loose and that ain't happening. Lets not let this kind of mindless nonscense go unchecked anywhere we hunt guys it ruins it for us all. Had to vent a little I hope you all understand your my hunting family. Thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Banned

Call the Game Warden and the State Police.

Let them take care of it.

For all you know, it could be the neighbor who put up the booby traps.

Greed makes people do all sorts of crazy things.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would bet it was an animal rights activist rather than another hunter.

Let the local authorities know about it so that there is a record of intent by the guilty party.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Do a google search on ELF and ALF. I work in law enforcement and know they are active in southern IN. I know you are a ways from Bloomington but that is a hotbed for them. More then likely it is either somebody who lives close by the area. There are some many places to hunt from these days there would be no reason for a person to travel a long distance. It was probably somebody walking around, saw the stand, and decided to do the deed. As mentioned above I would report it to the DNR in that area, you never know you might not be the only victim of this in that area.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its either a random idiot, or a neighbor kid that wants the deer to himself. Has the neighbor been approached lately for hunting permission?

I'd tell your neighbor to talk to all of his neighbors about this. Everyone needs to be aware of the potential for these kinds of things.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

pretty soon those game cameras are gonna be for security, gonna need motion video cameras just to see who's on your property etc...
Old 10-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would definitely contact the authorities as that is a very serious situation.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

contact the FBI damn, people coulda been killed. hell right your congressman, go on TV, stand naked in the middle of the road this is serious crap here. and I don't take sabotage lightly, theivery is one thing but not try and hurt someone.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by salukipv1
pretty soon those game cameras are gonna be for security, gonna need motion video cameras just to see who's on your property etc...
we have a remote farm that is bout 10 min down the road from the main farm, we all went in and got a moultrie with e-mail cpability just to watch the road. 2 arrest this summer. tag #'s don't lie. should a seen the look on their face when they came to leave and out poppa warden.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Ranching Buddy who had a problem with hunters tresspassing.He owned a stretch of road that about 150 meters long that led to huge crown land acherage and it was crown on the other side .He shouldn't have really cared personally.It was directly parrellel to a major power line that was crown. But he us very very controlling of his property ,laid spike belts down. They must of worked cause about 2 weeks later because a fence line about over 100 meters long was ripped down.But what happens is these hunters access through public land and sometimes have a problem getting back out, I know cause I've had problems with both mud and ice.It is one of those areas that can be great going down, but if it rained or snowed during that day it was hell getting out.All he had to do is post his property for no hunting, it was just a drive through anyway that lead to the main forestry road.You couldn't look ten feet into the bush it is thick thick but allow vehicals to access out in an emergency.Nope, any time some asked him if they could access he said no.He had no problem letting close personal friends go through but that's it.Well somebody to exception when tires got flat. I told him he deserved it.He bitched about his cattle not stressing out and every other excuse.This was during the few years That Canada had that huge mad cow disease problem and nothing was getting exported.I reminded him that the only person killing cows on his property was him himself.
Thats the most extemely I seen.This takes the cake,I'd set up a video cam myself and find out who resposible.I honestly don't believe it's activists.More likely a hunter or ranching family memberwho wants it
for himself or doesn't want tresspassers.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-11-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.