HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   body smell (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/331609-body-smell.html)

david33 10-10-2010 05:31 PM

body smell

I was told the other day that human hair is what the deer can smell the most. They were telling me that they wear a shower cap under his hat. Have anyone else heard this before or werar a shower cap while hunting?

Night Crawler 10-10-2010 05:39 PM

seriously, scratch your balls and smell them. your hair should be the least of your worries. take a shower b-4 each hunt and leave the shower cap off in the shower so you can clean the stinch off your hair

CJW19 10-10-2010 05:42 PM

:eek2: Some of the stuff people come up with!

david33 10-10-2010 05:53 PM

I've never heard anything like this before. I just wanted to run it by the experienced hunters.

kyslayer 10-10-2010 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Night Crawler (Post 3699701)
seriously, scratch your balls and smell them. your hair should be the least of your worries. take a shower b-4 each hunt and leave the shower cap off in the shower so you can clean the stinch off your hair

sometimes your belly button can smell even worse i find... sometimes i put a cork in it when hunting... lol jk. funny comment

iSnipe 10-10-2010 08:14 PM

There's a lot of truth there about the hair and odor. It's like a mop or sponge up there just sitting absorbing odors from where ever you are at.

Back when I'd have a smoke(with my buds having some buds, LOL!), I noticed when I washed my hair, how much of the smoke was captured by my hair. I could easily see it in the drain water. I could also run my hand through my hair and smell the smoke on my fingers. I'm not a smoker, so those type smells are very noticeable to me.

Just use those scent-free soaps free of perfumes, etc, by taking a bath/shower before each hunt and that'll be better than wearing a shower cap.

Another issue is we lose the most heat out the top of our head. It is also more evident when it's cold out and if your head is warm enough, you can literally see the steam rise from it. Therefore that's a moisture build up(sweat) which can lead to an odor source as well.

So david33, whoever told you that about the hair, is not that far off.

===============================

Night Crawler... Here's a tip for yah:

A lil' Irish Spring never hurt anyone. LOL!

iSnipe

Night Crawler 10-11-2010 10:26 AM

he he eh gota try some of that new fangled soap, hell we just got runnin water ther other day, used to go down to the canal and move the gators out of the way just to wash me arse once a week.

I didn't say that disagreeing with the hair thing, I was just say wash it b-4 you hunt more or less in a roundabout eft up kinda way.

Kybuckhunter 10-11-2010 01:57 PM

You are continually shedding skin cells....thats where most of your human scent comes from. Don't confuse bacterial odor and foreign odors as the thing as human scent. We have our own personal scent like a finger print...Thats how a bloodhound can track you in a crowd of a hundred people.