Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what kind of rifle

Old 10-09-2010, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone ever notcies Mr a$$ hole never comes back to continue his "thoughts"? It's one jack@ss post and he's gone...
Old 10-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
I'm sitting here, shaking my head.

You don't need a magnum rifle, you just need to learn to be a better hunter. Shooting 500 yards does not make you a good hunter, just makes you a shooter.

You need to learn how to deal with nature and if you do not get them today, to go back tomorrow and try harder.
Hunting in my opinion is a up close and personal sport.

If you cannot get closer then 150 yards to a deer, you are not a deer hunter. You don't need a cannon to shoot a deer. There are thousands of 12 year old and younger kids in Pennsylvania who shoots deer with a .222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester or .243 Winchester with no problems. So why can't you?
i hunt the open plains of the texas panhandle... the only way to get that close is spotlighting grain fields at night which aint legal. other than that 300 yards is an average to close shot.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SchuLace
I don't think I have ever read a useful post from you.

When you get a chance, get off your high horse.
LOL!

I only read a couple of posts from him and got that idea IMMEDIATELY!

I guess when you're spot-on, you're right and that's what it appears here as the general consensus has spoken.

Wow.

iSnipe
Old 10-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Spike

I'm sitting here, shaking my head.

You don't need a magnum rifle, you just need to learn to be a better hunter. Shooting 500 yards does not make you a good hunter, just makes you a shooter.

You need to learn how to deal with nature and if you do not get them today, to go back tomorrow and try harder.
Hunting in my opinion is a up close and personal sport.

If you cannot get closer then 150 yards to a deer, you are not a deer hunter. You don't need a cannon to shoot a deer. There are thousands of 12 year old and younger kids in Pennsylvania who shoots deer with a .222 Remington, 30-30 Winchester or .243 Winchester with no problems. So why can't you?
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Do you hunt for a living? I just recently started posting and every post of yours that I have read, you are bashing, belittling and generally speaking DOWN to people. You need to ease up.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jmac603
Do you ever have anything positive to say? Do you hunt for a living? I just recently started posting and every post of yours that I have read, you are bashing, belittling and generally speaking DOWN to people. You need to ease up.
Haha I concur. Mr. Deer Hunter I guess not everyone is up to your level of prestige as a hunter but what about a compliment every once in a while? Do you just like stirring stuff up? I think bashing someone else on the internet is a way to boost your self esteem but for what cause? What hunter wants to get bashed on all the time for a legitimate question? I know a guy like you and he hates his life because all he does is speak in a condescending manner to everyone and everyone picks on him relentlessly. I would say don't just ease up, QUIT. BB
Old 10-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

I would say though that especially just for whitetails a 270 win is more than adequate. I have never had to do very much tracking at all with nosler ballistic tips. I just loaded up some 140 gr accubonds that I would honestly feel confident on anything up to an elk with. It is more about shot placement than stopping power. BB
Old 10-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Banned

Looks like Beard Buster has a bunch of sock puppets.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where is Larry when you need him ?

Relentlesssssssssss !!!

Wannabie anyway..........and writes a book everytime LOL
Old 10-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like Beard Buster has a bunch of sock puppets.
lol what? No looks like little Mr. Deer Hunter has some social issues and problems in dealing with people. You can't get your jollies in life doing nothing but sitting on the internet trying to self proclaim your greatness. I have been on this site since 04 and have seen some pretty bad know-it-alls but you top all I've ever seen. Looks like you don't even have time for sock puppets with all the time you have spent on here since september trying to berate people. Grow up. BB
Old 10-10-2010, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SchuLace
I don't think I have ever read a useful post from you.

Where I hunt, 150 yards is a close shot. Wide open areas with little cover make it hard to get close. Just because it is the way you hunt, doesn't mean it is the only way and every other way is wrong and unethical. When you get a chance, get off your high horse.

Amen and well said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.