Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's in your pockets?

Old 10-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Spike

I wear old military cargo camo pants, and have I my extra slugs in the pocket, a drag rope, always a pocket knife in my right front, sometimes a flashlight, pen, and my hunting knife on my belt. This year I will have a small pair of binoculars. Also string for tying tags etc..

Last edited by Caleb T; 10-08-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Typical Buck

I carry most everything in my pack and very little in my pockets. As for what I have in my pack; too much.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kswild
Guess What? I'm not in Pa. Sounds like you have an idiotic law there ace. What if you have the shells in your pocket and are hunting with a bow.... Do you get in trouble for not having the correct caliber bow?
Live it up! Doug
This post sounds like you are attacking my post and me.
Flaming me into a fight.

I am merely a interpreter - not the person that wrote the law.
In theory, if a person had a 16 gauge shell in their pocket and put it in their 12 gauge shotgun and did not know that it was a 16 gauge shot shell, it could fall down the barrel and when the gun did not go bang, they could put a 12 gauge shell behind it and blow themselves up.

Or if they had a rifle shell that was not the same shell - a similar thing could happen. As far as I am concerned, I don't care what happens to you so you can carry what ever you please.

Here is their web site - if you think that their laws are stupid, maybe you should write them a letter and explain your theorys on safety and hunting.
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/se...unity/pgc/9106

I thank god every day that ever licensed hunter in Pennsylvania is required to attend and pass a hunters safety course before they are allowed to purchase a hunting license. This persons beliefs only reassures me that there are hunters in the woods elsewhere that should not be there.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
This post sounds like you are attacking my post and me.
Flaming me into a fight.

I am merely a interpreter - not the person that wrote the law.
In theory, if a person had a 16 gauge shell in their pocket and put it in their 12 gauge shotgun and did not know that it was a 16 gauge shot shell, it could fall down the barrel and when the gun did not go bang, they could put a 12 gauge shell behind it and blow themselves up.

Or if they had a rifle shell that was not the same shell - a similar thing could happen. As far as I am concerned, I don't care what happens to you so you can carry what ever you please.

Here is their web site - if you think that their laws are stupid, maybe you should write them a letter and explain your theorys on safety and hunting.
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/se...unity/pgc/9106

I thank god every day that ever licensed hunter in Pennsylvania is required to attend and pass a hunters safety course before they are allowed to purchase a hunting license. This persons beliefs only reassures me that there are hunters in the woods elsewhere that should not be there.
Hahahahahahah! Have you read your own posts lately?
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-08-2010, 11:24 AM
Spike

Hahahahahahah! Have you read your own posts lately?
Live it up! Doug
Thanks Doug!!!!!!! He needs to go back and read all of his posts with an open mind. Just sayin. As for my pockets, nothing in them. I guess I am like other hunters and either carry a pack or wear a hunting vest. A turkey vest really comes in handy with all types of hunting.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

Eft front poker- cell phone and can of longhorn mint right front poket=keys buck knife quarters and 2 357 magnum shells. Back right poket=wallet
Old 10-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guess What? I'm not in Pa. Sounds like you have an idiotic law there ace. What if you have the shells in your pocket and are hunting with a bow.... Do you get in trouble for not having the correct caliber bow?
Live it up! Doug
That's a good one Doug.
That is a stupid stupid law,it is a law for idiots. Alot of stupid stupid people must do stupid stupid things in PA.I know most hunters there, have common sense and don't need a law like this to enforce it. But to post this. That's a joke.This is what I call a law for a family of Homer Simpsons.I'm surprised you even brought this up.If I had a law like that in my area I'd pack up and move imediately.You are an embarrasment to all hunters everywhere, especially in PA for even bring it up.Your a Moron Mr. deerhunter. You really have to learnwhen to keep to keep silent. It's just common sense.
Use it for once.You know squat.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-08-2010 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
That's a good one Doug.
That is a stupid stupid law it is a law for idiots. Alot of stupid stupid people must do stupid stupid things in PA.This is what I call a law for a familly of Homer Simpsons.I'm surprised you even brought this up.
If I had a law in my area I'd pack up and move imediately.You are an embarrasment to all hunters everywhere especially in PA for even bring it up.
Your a Moron Mr. Deerhunter. You really have to learn
when to keep to keep silent. It's just common sense.
Use it for once.
I could not have said it better myself! Thanks Jeff!
Live it up! Doug
Old 10-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Fork Horn

i feel dumber for reading mr deer hunters posts every time
Old 10-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kyslayer
i feel dumber for reading mr deer hunters posts every time
lol Amen. He is the definition of a cull. BB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.