Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What is your position on this "Monster Buck rule" when hunting on his land? >

What is your position on this "Monster Buck rule" when hunting on his land?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What is your position on this "Monster Buck rule" when hunting on his land?

Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Spike

The deer stands are the property owners and were put up by the property owner for our use. He didn't do anything as far as setting up anything besides asking his relative for permission to hunt there. Its on his wife's side of the family otherwise I would ask for my own permission. Just doesn't seem right to go around him there because it would feel like then I am the one that is being selfish about a big buck.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:44 AM
Spike

I don't think he's being fair about the situation. I think he's being very selfish. He seems to have changed the rules during the middle of the game. Had he seen that buck earlier and said he's mine then Id say yeah honor his wishes but he didn't. I don't think there's a good answer to your situation other than find you another place to hunt or honor him this yr and don't hunt w/him again.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

If he was any kind of friend at all he wouldn't of said that. If I go hunting with Simone even if we ain't friends and they kill a deer Im happy for em weather it's a 60lb doe or a 160inch B&C monster. He just is showing you what kinda person he is and how much he cares about ya so I say to heck with him get yourself a new spot and NEVER take that A** with you. Good luck man I feel for ya
Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a real prick...I would find someone else to hunt with.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I told him that everyone goes hunting for the chance at a trophy buck.
Lots of people hunt for a lot of other reasons.
Spending time with family is one of them.
My take is different.
Is your relationship with your cousin worth less then a deer.
If it was to me, I would have to rethink why I hunt.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Their land, their rules. If you don't like them, then you probably need to find another place to hunt.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

SteveBNY yeah I agree with you about the family aspect of hunting thats what it's all about, but his cousin crossed that line and it should send a red flag up about what his cousin really thinks of him. No a deer shouldn't split up family but when it's presented to you like his cousin did to him. Walk away find another hunting buddy.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bfree
BTW, I don't agree w/what he said and is doing. I think Id have to find another place to hunt but w/hunting season upon us its going to be very hard to find a place to hunt.
I know it's harder for guys that don't have a lot of public land to hunt but I am lucky to live in Alberta with 100,000,000 acres or so public. The guys I do hunt with are so unselfish that way, even friends that own land, they are happy to let you shoot a big buck. Most the time we fight about telling the other guy "you shoot you shoot!" and the buck gets away lol.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

I would find someone else and another spot to hunt with.Friendly compitition is a good thing.I'd bet your cousin knows he is being a jerk and his behavior is wrong.Maybe he should check websters for the true diffinition of the word Friend.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Spike

I dont agree with your cousin and think that you were on the right to let him take first shot etc but beyond that I dont disagree with looking for a new place to hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.