Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Kansas Transferable Tags

Old 08-22-2003, 01:22 PM

Default RE: Kansas Transferable Tags

Any news from the Public meeting in Liberal. I was wanting to go, but the car shot craps. If anyone has any info please post.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:22 PM

Any news from the Public meeting in Liberal. I was wanting to go, but the car shot craps. If anyone has any info please post.
Old 08-22-2003, 11:39 PM

Unit 12 is getting the requested extended season and additional tags this year with some discussion about the logic of doing such, especially after learning that is mainly in response to two complaints(Beesons). Anti Gun Johnson, Fields and Hall expressed concern about the deer herd numbers, and that they felt the herd has been hit too hard. Hall and Fields voted against the Unit 12 special hunt. Very low attendence at the meeting, no surprise to me.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have a half section of land I lease for cattle in Unit 12. Yet I' m a non-resident. I don' t hunt deer too much but I quail and turkey hunt. I thought I' d take a few does this year if legal for me and my son. Please explain what the new " extra season" in Unit 12 entails. Also I was told antlerless game tags are the same price $11 each for residents and non-residents alike with an allotment of up to 3 per hunter in Unit 12. Is that true? Does the extra season in Unit 12 increase that allotment or create a new season entirely? Finally, I' d like some Kansas residents to respond to help clarify the rules on my status as a non-resident hunting on his own land. The rules state I am of equal status to a landowner except I can' t transfer my tag or does the new laws change that? Also another difference between me and a resident landowner is that I would apply during the non-resident draw period but still have similar status to obtain permits and tags as if I were a resident landowner.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:28 AM

The special season proposed for Unit 12 extends the Jan late season to Jan 31, and last I heard will allow you up to 10 tags. As a NR, you would need to apply for NR tags in the spring(May) but you can buy game tags over the counter at the same price as resident hunters. Transfer tags are only available to resident landowners. Please check the KDWP website for all the rules sooner, better yet call their legal department to have it all explained to you.
Old 08-28-2003, 07:58 AM

Dana, check out the other website I go to and read the thread about E-bay auctions and t-tags.
Randy
Old 08-29-2003, 09:54 AM

I read it Randy. Sad very sad. It appears like " Freedom" is an insider. Definately a tag broker. How many other States have a " Tag Broker" ? I have been busy with a very dysfunctional State Agency, keep an eye out in the newspapers, it is my work.

Anyway, I still think the T-Tag can be overturned, on the basis on which it was passed, as there are already existing programs to deal with the agricultural deer issues and economic issues. After the current project I am working on is finished, I will be taking on the T-Tag issue squarely and couple of other issues.
Old 08-29-2003, 07:17 PM

Well lets see............... which State agency might that be????? Sounds like most all of them to me. Good luck.