Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Getting excited!!!

Old 09-26-2010, 10:13 AM
Spike

Default Getting excited!!!

Just got the game cam set up this week in one of my hunting areas and can't wait to see what's out there! That and they have opened an early doe season in Nebraska this year from Oct. 2 to Oct. 11th. I'm definitely excited to get out there and start hunting. Also this year my son will be hunting with me and I'm pretty stoked to have him get some deer also. If I have any nice bucks in the area I'll be sure to post pics!! Gotta say I love this time of year!!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by twiede
Just got the game cam set up this week in one of my hunting areas and can't wait to see what's out there! That and they have opened an early doe season in Nebraska this year from Oct. 2 to Oct. 11th. I'm definitely excited to get out there and start hunting. Also this year my son will be hunting with me and I'm pretty stoked to have him get some deer also. If I have any nice bucks in the area I'll be sure to post pics!! Gotta say I love this time of year!!
Yea this is my favorite time of year as well! Good luck to you and your son! I hope you guys have a great season! Looking forward to your pics. Our early muzzleload and archery season started Sept. 20th.... haven't missed a day. I have passed a lot of deer but I just put one in the freezer from hitting it with my truck so I'm stocked up on meat and can be a little more selective and wait for a mature doe or buck. Best of luck to ya!
Live it up! Doug

Last edited by kswild; 09-26-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Spike

Thanks tons! I'm a little nervous about regular season because my buddy (i hunt his land) has decided to let a few other guys go out for doe next weekend to thin out the population (there are A LOT of deer there), I'm a lil worried that all the commotion might scare off the bigger bucks I know are out there and that I won't see a glimpse of them come regular season. Guess I'll just have to wait and see or maybe sit my booty in another spot in the area and perhaps the bucks will move off the river into the pastures and ravines. Time will tell I guess.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by twiede
Thanks tons! I'm a little nervous about regular season because my buddy (i hunt his land) has decided to let a few other guys go out for doe next weekend to thin out the population (there are A LOT of deer there), I'm a lil worried that all the commotion might scare off the bigger bucks I know are out there and that I won't see a glimpse of them come regular season. Guess I'll just have to wait and see or maybe sit my booty in another spot in the area and perhaps the bucks will move off the river into the pastures and ravines. Time will tell I guess.
Sounds like a good plan. If there's not TOO much pressure you should be fine depending on how big an area your talking about. Best of luck!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Spike

Good luck out there!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Spike

Thanks Rowdy!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I'm with ya all the way and really looking forward to this friday when our Bow season begins. Enjoy that very special time with your son and new hunting buddy. I hope he nails a nice one like a 10 year old did here in Corydon IN. this weekend during the youth hunt. This is the first year for being able to use a 44 mag rifle that fires a pistol round which is what he used to knock down a 13 pointer at 43 yards. It was 205 lbs. a good looking deer.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Spike

I would love for him to get a big buck regular season but for now we're just going to be shooting doe. After this we'll be counting down the days til Nov. 13th
Old 09-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt here in southern Maryland and our early muzzleloader season starts October 22nd. I CAN'T WAIT! This weekend I'm going out to sight in my Thompson Center Encore. Just bought a new set of sights, and ready to knock the dust off the gun.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Spike

Just a little update..... went out this weekend and my son and boyfriend like to get up and walk after so long.... I on the other hand like to sit in one place for most of the day... newho.... Saturday morning they talked me into moving about and we saw 2 small bucks and came up on 3 doe... I wanted my son to get one first so i let him shoot and unfortunately he shot over one of the doe's backs. BUMMER..... Went back out Saturday evening and only saw one doe in a draw below the hill we were sitting on. The sun was straight out of the west in our face and he couldn't see through his scope, I even pulled up my gun to shoot and unfortunately all I could see was glare from the sun. I went out again Sunday morning and didn't even see a doe, saw a fawn and a very nice 4x4 unfortunately I have to wait to shoot one of those guys until regular rifle season. Plan to go out maybe one night this week if we have the time and definitely this weekend. Fingers crossed we get em!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.