Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im pumped!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Im pumped!!!

Well tomorrow is the first time im going bowhunting. me and my hunting buddy are going to load up the camper tonight and head out in the morning for a weekend of bowhunting. cant wait ive been working (putting up stands, cutting down trees for shooting lanes, constructed feeder barrels and put them out also putting food in em, put out cameras...) for the past 2 months and hopefully some of it will payoff this weekend. if not oh well atleast i get to get out in the outdoors have a few beers and some good food with a great friend! wish me luck
Old 09-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ksharvester
Well tomorrow is the first time im going bowhunting. me and my hunting buddy are going to load up the camper tonight and head out in the morning for a weekend of bowhunting. cant wait ive been working (putting up stands, cutting down trees for shooting lanes, constructed feeder barrels and put them out also putting food in em, put out cameras...) for the past 2 months and hopefully some of it will payoff this weekend. if not oh well atleast i get to get out in the outdoors have a few beers and some good food with a great friend! wish me luck
Good luck in the field and have a great time.
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Have some fun.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck man and have fun. I got another week till I can deerhunt so tomorrow me my father in law and a friend of mine are gettin the shotguns out ant try some dove huntin
Old 09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Fork Horn

Hey ksharvester, what unit are you hunting in?
Old 09-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

i am hunting in unit 28

Originally Posted by BillBrasky
Hey ksharvester, what unit are you hunting in?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Fork Horn

well i went out and sat for two evenings and i seen a lot of deer and even took a shot on one but unfortunately the only branch i didnt cut down deflected my arrow and i missed. ive got to say that bow hunting is intense! i wasnt nervous at all before the shot but after the shot when i thought i got my first kill i started shaking pretty good just to find my dissapointment when i got down and seen my arrow had no blood on it. also i have a few good bucks on my cameras and saturday night when i was getting out of my stand and walking back to the truck i spooked 3 bucks out of a plowed field one was an absolute monster and he ran the opposite direction from me but the other 2 ran right for me. one was a spike and the other was a decent 8. they stopped 25 yards in front of me and was bobbing there heads looking at me but i didnt want to shoot either of those bucks so i let em walk. that was a very cool experience!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smile

Lots of season left Bro,bide your time and nail your desired Buck. Take a nice Doe for practice if you get the chance and put some meat in the freezer. Good Hunting To Ya!
Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ksharvester
i am hunting in unit 28
Unit 28? In Kansas?
Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

yes thats where im hunting

Originally Posted by BillBrasky
Unit 28? In Kansas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.