Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

worth going out or not

Old 09-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

i ENDED UP GOING OUT. IT TURNED OUT TO BE A REALLY GREAT HUNT. TWO THINGS HAPPENED, I MOVED TO A DIFFERENT TREE WITH MY CLIMBER. THE OTHER THING WAS I PASSED ON MY FIRST SMALL BUCK. USUALLY BROWN IS DOWN BUT I DECIDED THIS YEAR THAT I AM GOING TO LET THE LITTLE ONES GO AND GET ALL MY MEAT FROM THE STATE MAPS.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Great! I didn't get in on this when it first came up but here's what I'd like to tell ya. Don't follow the herd! And don't believe everything people on these forums tell ya. If they say deer don't move when it's hot they are full of it. I've seen just as much deer activity on hot days as cold days. You just need to know where to go to see it. For the most part people just keep repeating what they hear from other people about deer behavior. You have learned differently by going out! Right! Congrats on your decision to pass on the smaller ones this year, that decision will pay off in the long run. I have passed quite a few already too. Have a great season!
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Spike

Oh what I would give to have 90 degree weather at this time of the year.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

I'm assuming you're in the south? It's been up and down here in FL. Sounds like you had a good day regardless of the temp though.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

NVM location, just saw in your profile lol.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 PM
Spike

Get yout butt out there and go hunting, you can't kill them if your inside,,,good luck