HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   I won't be able to enjoy it this year... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/330500-i-wont-able-enjoy-year.html)

dpj1030 09-24-2010 04:51 AM

I won't be able to enjoy it this year...

Its getting that time and yet another year goes by without being able to hunt. Im Here in Kuwait and I'd truly do anything to be out in the back woods right now, Enjoying God's Beautiful Creation Watching the Sunrise 20 ft up in a tree on a nice cool Morning. Good luck to Everyone. Maybe I'll get out of here Before next February where I'll be able to sit a few times. Who knows?:confused:

Bluetickhunter 09-24-2010 05:00 AM

hey bro im in afganistan was lucky enogh to get leave during rifle hang in there bro

floor ya 09-24-2010 05:08 AM

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! for making sacrfices in your own life and for puting your butt on the line for the rest of us.its men and women like you that make life in this country possible. good luck and GOD BLESS.

ksharvester 09-24-2010 05:49 AM

you might not be able to hunt but you are very much appreciated for doing what you are doing. THANK YOU! and god bless

dpj1030 09-24-2010 05:53 AM

Thanks So much for Yall's Support. Keep Your Head down Soldier!

Mr. Deer Hunter 09-24-2010 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by dpj1030 (Post 3688707)
Its getting that time and yet another year goes by without being able to hunt. Im Here in Kuwait and I'd truly do anything to be out in the back woods right now, Enjoying God's Beautiful Creation Watching the Sunrise 20 ft up in a tree on a nice cool Morning. Good luck to Everyone. Maybe I'll get out of here Before next February where I'll be able to sit a few times. Who knows?:confused:

If you want to do it bad enough - then you got to make up your mind that when you get some time off that you are going to come home in hunting season and not for the 4th of July or Christmas.

My brother in law was in the military for many years and he always came home for hunting season if possible.

My dad and two uncles were in the military and my dad was home most every weekend when he was not out on the ship. Dad knew how to volunteer for other assignments at times where he could get off one navy base and get onto another with just enough time to go hunting for a week without being awol.

My grandfather often kidded him that he must have been stationed down at the local pond because it seemed that he was home most every weekend. Even if they had to steal a plane to do it.

Mr. Deer Hunter 09-24-2010 06:08 AM

If you were a resident of Pennsylvania, the courthouse keeps a doe license on reserve for you and when you come home, all you have to do is go to the court house and they will hand you a license for any game management unit you wish to hunt in - when you are in the military.

MikeVT 09-24-2010 06:16 AM

Hang in there brother and stay safe. There will be plenty of seasons to come. God Bless and get home soon.

doetrain 09-24-2010 06:45 AM

Thank you for your service my Brother in arms and harms way. I needed your post like a swift kick in the butt this morning. When you think you got it rough just look outside yourself to a situation like yours and the pitty party ends. I will be thinking of you and all our service men and wemen when I hook up in the stand next friday. If the LORD of the hunt blesses my efforts next week I'll give out a hardy"This Bucks for you" yell while celebrating the kill. Take care trooper!

lap202 09-24-2010 06:57 AM

Yeah thanks for what you do.... you know... people hunting?