Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sometimes.......

Old 09-23-2010, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

I would also like to thank everyone for their support and answers on here. I consider myself a decent hunter and I probably ask some dumb questions myself. It never hurts to hear some re-assurance once in a while though. Thanks again and keep the questions coming. I dont mind helping once in a while because people help me as well.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

On that note, I've got a question for you; what's better for killing a deer, .30-06 or .270?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
On that note, I've got a question for you; what's better for killing a deer, .30-06 or .270?
Define 'better'. Seriously. The answer is totally dependent on the conditions under which you're using the weapon. If you're taking a 50-yard shot in thick cover, they'll both result in a dead deer. Long range shots out west are something a little different...
Old 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Ive been using a Remington 760 pump 30.06 with 150 gr bullets for 20 years and I have no regrets. I feel comfortable with it and it shoots great. The comfortable part is the imprtant piece of the puzzle. Its all about what you feel most confident with.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
Originally Posted by UPHunter08
Define 'better'. Seriously. The answer is totally dependent on the conditions under which you're using the weapon. If you're taking a 50-yard shot in thick cover, they'll both result in a dead deer. Long range shots out west are something a little different...
It's hard to recognize sarcasm on the internet.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like some have tried to give you an answer and you do not want to hear what is being said. You said this at the very end of your original post "...what y'all think?" So please be kind and not give others a hard time when they tell you. "i guess the both of ya didn't even read my ?. re-read it and think"

Again maybe it is the fact you "..just have a burr up my *** tonight". But at least some are still giving you answers. That is the main reason for asking all the questions - To get answers or maybe to just start a discussion on slow days like this posting.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker
Not really!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

noidurism - Maybe you should give examples of questions that bother you. MAYBE, you should post within those types of threads and say, "Hey dumbass, you already know the answer to the question you're asking!" I think that would go over well!
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Don't worry, when UPhunter08 has been here as long as I have, and has seen the number of times someone brings up "which is better for whitetail, .30-06 or .270" as many times as I've seen it (a dozen times at least), he'll understand what I was getting at (this is the "dumb questions" thread isn't it?). Maybe I should have included one of these:

or one of these:

Originally Posted by RenaissanceBiker