HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   are ground blinds safe (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/330347-ground-blinds-safe.html)

david33 09-22-2010 10:44 AM

are ground blinds safe
 
How safe are the pop up type ground blinds? Someone suggested a ground blind so I'm looking for some more information and trying to see if they are safe? I was at Dicks's and they had orange patches on the blind but didn't know how well a hunter could see it walking through the woods. I will be using a shotgun deer hunting.

Night Crawler 09-22-2010 10:48 AM

wear your safety harness, you dont want to fall from the ground. the whole point of a ground blind is so you can't be seen.

ADVWannabee 09-22-2010 10:53 AM

I assume you are worried about getting shot by other hunters? I would think a ground blind would be as safe as hunting from the ground any other time. If you a worried about being seen by people, you could hang a hunter orange vest in a nearby branch.

fishtaconc 09-22-2010 11:03 AM

I take it fro your question that youll be hunting on a game land. Best advice is scout the area you plan to hunt, and use common sense when picking your location.

david33 09-22-2010 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by fishtaconc (Post 3687466)
I take it fro your question that youll be hunting on a game land. Best advice is scout the area you plan to hunt, and use common sense when picking your location.

Yes I will be hunting on gamelands. I've always used a ladder treestand on the land that we leased, but this year is different since we don' t have the land anymore.

kswild 09-22-2010 01:14 PM


Originally Posted by david33 (Post 3687446)
How safe are the pop up type ground blinds? Someone suggested a ground blind so I'm looking for some more information and trying to see if they are safe? I was at Dicks's and they had orange patches on the blind but didn't know how well a hunter could see it walking through the woods. I will be using a shotgun deer hunting.

Here watch this short vid and at the end you will see how safe ground blinds are in a thunderstorm. As safe as your mama's milk.
Live it up! Doug

blackhawk_archery 09-22-2010 02:33 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to slap a orange vest on the roof of the blind if I were hunting public land,I have never hunted with a gun on public land but herd it can get pretty wild,one guy I know quit hunting all together after he had slugs buzzing his head.

SJAdventures 09-22-2010 02:43 PM

I have had slugs buzz my head in a tree stand on private land. Your never totally safe during whitetail firearm seasons

deerslayer706 09-22-2010 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery (Post 3687606)
I wouldn't hesitate to slap a orange vest on the roof of the blind if I were hunting public land,I have never hunted with a gun on public land but herd it can get pretty wild,one guy I know quit hunting all together after he had slugs buzzing his head.

DAMN!!!! lol... i have my own land..but i do hunt archery only public land sometimes... public land that allows rifles,guns...are not safe period...ground blind..tree stand...anything...Ive seen and heard in the news about people getting shot or killed on public lands

*twodogs* 09-22-2010 03:08 PM

As safe as the guy behind the trigger...That's why I switched to bow hunting. If you do your homework, your season is over before the lead starts flying. I would not be in a ground blind (or ground for that matter) if the area allows rifles, shotgun, maybe, rifle, no way.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.