Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

are ground blinds safe

Old 09-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by david33
How safe are the pop up type ground blinds? Someone suggested a ground blind so I'm looking for some more information and trying to see if they are safe? I was at Dicks's and they had orange patches on the blind but didn't know how well a hunter could see it walking through the woods. I will be using a shotgun deer hunting.
The reason there is a blaze orange top or flags, is safety during gun season. During archery, don't have to use orange. I'm talkin in WI.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
wear your safety harness, you dont want to fall from the ground. the whole point of a ground blind is so you can't be seen.
Thats friggen funny!
Old 09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you're talking about public land, for sure wrap something blaze orange around a tree next to your blind. You'll have to feel it out, but usually public land is not very crowded during the week. On the weekends, well...
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Night Crawler
wear your safety harness, you dont want to fall from the ground. the whole point of a ground blind is so you can't be seen.
what are you answering? not to bash you but a ground blind is one of the safest places to be when hunting, as long as you know the area. gotta shake my head in disbelief on this answer to this ?. wow! did you even read the ??
Old 09-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by noidurism
what are you answering? not to bash you but a ground blind is one of the safest places to be when hunting, as long as you know the area. gotta shake my head in disbelief on this answer to this ?. wow! did you even read the ??
No sense of humor, eh?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be safe no matter what the situation is or where you are.
Some of it is up to you but you can only do so much to protect yourself. The person pulling the trigger is 100% responsible for everything that bullet does till it stops.No matter the age, gender or exerience.Regardless what pressure their under and or who tells them to shoot.If somebody ever shot at me, They better get me on the first shot cause I will beat him to an inch of their life.There is no excuse for it.This is the only time I'd ever think about hitting a girl.Yep it happens but that's when they should have there hunting rights and privledges revoked for life.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Spike

Thats what I am worried about, is other people trying to be as safe as I'm trying to be. I've bought my dad and myself a blaze orange vest to wear since we are having to hunt on public land this year. I bought him a new orange hat since he's was the orange and black, it was getting old.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Unhappy

When in our ground blind at my buddys house I don't worry to much about stray led until I hear people on opening day start shooting at first light and it sounds like they are shooting at ducks not deer.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:43 AM
Fork Horn

I would get one of those hunter orange tops for your ground blind or put an orange hat on top of it if your going to use it during rifle season. I had a hunter set up literally 15 feet away from me when I was in my ground blind a 2 seasons ago. He never saw me, I usually put an orange hat on top of my blind now.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by blackhawk_archery
I wouldn't hesitate to slap a orange vest on the roof of the blind if I were hunting public land,I have never hunted with a gun on public land but herd it can get pretty wild,one guy I know quit hunting all together after he had slugs buzzing his head.
That's a requirement in some states for public land. Check your local regulations...probably a good idea even if it isn't required.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.