Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

are ground blinds safe

Old 09-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't cover it with deer hides

Why do people get shot? Just give it a little thought and you'll see why in the blind is as safe as you can be. Stepping out of it is when I'd be worried.

When the guns are going off no bodys much safer than any other except for the guy carrying the deer, he's open season.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Talking You have to have the right kind......

Originally Posted by Jeff Ovington
You should be safe no matter what the situation is or where you are.
Some of it is up to you but you can only do so much to protect yourself. The person pulling the trigger is 100% responsible for everything that bullet does till it stops.No matter the age, gender or exerience.Regardless what pressure their under and or who tells them to shoot.If somebody ever shot at me, They better get me on the first shot cause I will beat him to an inch of their life.There is no excuse for it.This is the only time I'd ever think about hitting a girl.Yep it happens but that's when they should have there hunting rights and privledges revoked for life.
You gotta get the kind that has the money back guarantee that it will be recognized at a 1000 yds. 500yd ones ain't that good, they leak after a while.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

I actually took my sons orange coat and mine and propped them up with branches on the sides of mine. The way i see it, we don't need them in the blind. Either way, stray bullets happen and you want to have the best protection you can.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Spike

I hunt public land during muzzleloader and rifle seasons and i do not wear any orange.Never had any problems.Put some orange around your blind.