Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

acorns

Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

Well sorry you guys are unable to tell the difference,spend a little more time in the woods and pay attention to the tracks one day you will learn the difference.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Gladius87
I think I'm about to take the same approach.
I find it being the best.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Typical Buck

Those are just pics from google not my pics.
I dont go by the dew claws I go by the size and the spread and have hunted a lot of hot trails and it has worked for me I have seen more bucks then does because of this.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Typical Buck

I shot this 13 point buck in a heavy hunted area I found his tracks and waited in the rain for 3 hours and sure enough here he comes shot him at 5 yards.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Fork Horn

I am going to have to agree, very easy to tell the diff, jst look at the pics. all does have pointed curvy hooves, all bucks have more a rounded,squared hoove. The dew claw just means a heavier deer, but not always. I see alot of buck track with no dew claw prints.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:18 AM
Spike

Don't know about the tracks, but that sure is a nice buck on the wall.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Banned

I think somebody here is full of prune juice.

You can't tell if a deer is a buck or a doe by just the tracks.

Where I live in Pennsylvania, most bucks never gets past two years of age, because every rifle season, 90% of all the mature deer were shot.
When antler restrictions came along and when some people actually started to follow the rules of antler restrictions - the deer grew to a older age.

The deer in the picture was not a mature buck, he should have left it go another year and then it would have been more mature. I would guess the age of that deer to be around 2 1/2 years old MAX.

One thing my dad passed on to me when I was younger was in deep snow, often times a buck will drag his toes when he runs / walks.
If you see the sprag marks in the snow - there is a 50/50 chance that it was made by a buck. But there is no guarantee's that even if you find the track that the deer is going to have a trophy rack on it.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

There is a diffrence does have the hoovs pointed tword eachother and bucks have split tracks
Old 09-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Spike

I'm gonna actually point people to what I would consider to be a knowledgeable source on the issue. I would say D&DH is credible. http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/ar...nlock_Secrets/
Old 09-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by syrupman
There is a diffrence does have the hoovs pointed tword eachother and bucks have split tracks
not always.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.