Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DO you see deer all the time

Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also hunt NH as some other NH hunters here have stated. I am lucky if I see deer 3-4 of the 7 days I hunt. Sometimes I can go an entire week and not see a deer, other times, I see deer almost every day. Plus I hunt all day, every day, dark 'til dark.

Constantly moving has increased my deer sightings. If I see no deer or reason to stay on stand after 3 sits, I will move. This has been my approach only for the last few years. I can be and was a stubborn hunter and overhunted my stand too much. I thought, the longer I stay in one treestand, the better my odds the following day. That definitely is not always the case.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Spike

Some days I'm surrounded by deer other day I can sit all day and not see one hair. That' s why it's called huntin.