Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DO you see deer all the time

Old 09-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer every time I hunt them.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

no, i don't. it's just part of hunting. i do see deer most of the time though....but they aren't always in shooting range.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer about 80% of the time. I see bucks about half of that.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

About 35 percent of the time, not bad for NH
Old 09-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like some of ya'll are spoiled. ya'll need to hunt further southeast...lol. i only saw 3 deer last hunting season and i killed all 3
Old 09-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by CamoCop
sounds like some of ya'll are spoiled. ya'll need to hunt further southeast...lol. i only saw 3 deer last hunting season and i killed all 3
Yeah you could say I am.I live in their wintering grounds,and I have a second home in their early fall and summer grounds.My Dad was born in a small community that happens to be in the middle of a major deer migration route so I know that area very very well cause I hunted in this community since I was a kid.And I have cousins that live in another community that holds alot of deer during the winter.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Dominant Buck

YES! if it's not a a half dozen or so, I get pissed and wonder why not. I got real spoiled by seeing decent 8 pointers about 75% of the time and a few monsters every year. 2 years ago was the first year of seeing a monster in 3. I was a little put off last year.

FYI, this year I already saw a monster 12 point. Unfortunately he's in a difficult place to hunt him. He's located at NIST inside their fence.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

We can see deer every day in the fall of the year even when we aren't hunting them , We have a lot of fruit trees scattered out over the ranch and the deer feed on them even in the middle of the day .
Old 09-17-2010, 03:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by DocD
No I do not see deer every time I hunt, where are you hunting? seems a little early, Doc

I think that would be found in his name NH. could be wrong.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

No. Taking deer where there are few has been a personal pleasure of mine. Does get too you when you don't see any.

Once before I hunted a very popular public ground where the deer are few. I stopped looking for deer and started watching all the other hunters who didn't know I was there. Pay big money for comedy like that. No deer that wasn't completely out of it's mind would've been there. It was the last day of ML season and I just wanted to end it in the woods.

Are you using bino's? You almost always will when you do. Deer are very good at slipping through undetected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.